• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Noodle's Gender?

Kilina

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jo
Hello! Hope that everyone is well and safe :)

We have a 5 month old cockatiel, Noodle, his/her colors don't really say much at the moment since he/she's still very young. Noodle has stripes on his/her tail, but this seems to be common for all young cockatiels. Recently, we've noticed that he/she is doing a lot of these noises, mumbling and such. (Not really singing, just random noises and chirps).

Here are two videos (luckily I managed to get it on camera as Noodle stops when he/she sees the mobile :shifty::laugh:):

They seem traits of boy, but we're not sure? Any opinions please? I uploaded a photo for guideline on how Noodle looks.

Thanks you everyone and wish you a lovely week ahead!

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think you have a little boy. It sounds like he's trying to whistle which is mainly a male trait. (Although not definite, sometimes you will find a female that whistles but not typically.)

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I’d second you having a little boy. He’s definitely crafting a little tune!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Noodle is adorable! :xflove:

Kilina

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jo
Thanks all :laugh: I guess we will wait a bit more and see (I hate the fact I don't know what Noodle is... It's always weird to find out after a long time calling him a she or vice versa like what happened with our other cockatiel :roflmao:)