• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Noisey!

Evey

Strolling the yard
My male budgeie has always chirped loudly. He is the Dad and I think he is telling his baby and female budgie all kinds of things. However lately he is chirping loudly All THE TIME! Has anyone else gone through this with their budgies?

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
My Parker budgie likes to "argue" or "yell" in budgie speak. I think it's cute and will talk back at him or play music. It seems to just be part of his personality, like he's making a speech. Does it bother you?

Winn

Jogging around the block
My 4 get so loud I could hear them when I was walking my dog in the yard. I had a minute of panic thinking some may have somehow escaped and were in the tree outside! (Nope.. all were safely in the aviary inside!)
They "CHIRRUP!", "ACK, ACK, ACK!", or softly "chortle" to each other.

I find it fascinating.

Yes. They are vocal and sometimes LOUD! Their animation is what makes them so endearing.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sometimes mine are like this, particularly my first two who had to be talked down, literally, not to scream constantly.

Except on very gloomy days, there's constant chatter here, not yelling. I love it. If you don't, I'd separate by sex to prevent more budgies. You may wish to do this anyway, for other practical reasons.

Budgies kick their babies out of the nest eventually, so you may want to start with getting a separate cage for the baby. Do you know the baby's sex? If not, post a photo here. :) Some adults won't want to be put with a baby. Also, remove any nestboxes. If it were me, I'd honestly house all three separately. They could mingle not in a cage, if they so chose.

@AussieBird @Ripshod @Lady Jane @Lori D Pert

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Little birds can be very loud, especially budgies. My last two seemed to want to outdo each other in volume. Good idea to prepare budgie babies for separation from parents before they are injured.

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
Has he shown any obvious signs of aggression? Or just the loud volume? Is there alot of noise (radio, TV, human voices) around? I'd be inclined to watch an ensure the baby isn't being intimidated by him. If not then the volume is just that....volume over everyone else...lol.

fluff86

Walking the driveway
My male budgeie has always chirped loudly. He is the Dad and I think he is telling his baby and female budgie all kinds of things. However lately he is chirping loudly All THE TIME! Has anyone else gone through this with their budgies?
This is one of the main reasons why I'll never have budgies.

Its normal behavior, make sure they have plenty of room to fly about. Budgies can get fed up after a while if kept in a small cage without being able to exercise properly which can make them chirp or even scream constantly.

I've known so many people over the years who have had budgies and they either end up putting them in an enclosure outside or they get rid of them. I would own budgies if I lived in a mansion with there own room or outdoor enclosure. They are beautiful birds, very intelligent but like most parakeet species they are going to squawk loudly so with that in mind, you really need the suited kinda living space etc.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No budgies?!?! Most shocking. :eek: I love my budgies. :)

Evey

Strolling the yard
I love my budgies and am finding out all kinds of new things thanks to all of you.

Evey

Strolling the yard
Another big question. My son washed the budgies csge and we put everything back but they haven't gone into it now for 6 hours! I guess it is too clean and they have to be hungry and thirsty. Hss anyone got any suggestions? My son could always put Dad in by net. And hopefully he will know it is safe and Mom and baby will follow. What do you think?