• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Noises

Nicole Bred

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole Renee Bredeson
Hello! My cockatiel on most morning will be causing quite the racket. I wouldn’t say it is screaming but it’s just a mix of chirps and whistles. He usually stops when i or somebody else is in the room, but until that point just freaks out vocally. I’m assuming it’s just him calling out to us to wake up and give him attention, but is there any other possible reason he may be doing this?

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
My budgie, Sweetie, makes quite a racket in the mornings. Lots of chirping and singing. Specially once she knows I'm up. She gets even more vocal once she realizes I'm up and about and she starts her usual begging to be let out routine. It's likely just the morning and your bird is feeling fresh and revitalized so he's chirping and singing to the morning sunrise.

Nicole Bred

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole Renee Bredeson
Awesome, thanks guys!

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have one that starts before sunrise each day and again at sunset each night. He sounds like a squeaking dog toy. Sometimes I have to stick my head outside and tell him to shut up because it's still dark and people are sleeping. He doesn't care. He's just a happy bird.

Avio77

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Minh Tran
Well a vocal bird is a happy bird. A non vocal bird will indicate a stressed out bird. I rather hear singing over a non singing bird.