• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Noise Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
an interesting idea but I prefer my birds giving an alarm when they think something is wrong and I do not consider mine to be loud I will keep it in mind however thanks for sharing

Holli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holli
Is this a joke?

Why would you "
have a dark blue comforter that I cover her cage with at night, so I just throw it on the top of the cage when I'm not around."

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Hmm... I've never considered owning a conure because I wouldn't be happy with the noise and I would feel badly about keeping it from doing something it does naturally. Which apparently is screaming! ;) Do they just scream for attention or don't they also scream because they're happy and having fun? My lovie chirps all day long, but I think lovebird sounds are cute (of course!).

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Hmm... I've never considered owning a conure because I wouldn't be happy with the noise and I would feel badly about keeping it from doing something it does naturally. Which apparently is screaming! ;) Do they just scream for attention or don't they also scream because they're happy and having fun? My lovie chirps all day long, but I think lovebird sounds are cute (of course!).
they are alarm birds and scream when anything enters their sight that does not belong and morning and evening during play my Nanday is quieter then my quaker but it is high pitch my toos of course are louder

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
My sun conure screams when ever he sees something he doesnt think should be there. He screams when someone comes in the door and he is happy to see them and some times he screams just for the pure joy of it. Yes at times it does get irritating but I knew how loud they were before I brought him home and I love him anyways :heart:

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
They are definitely beautiful birds! :kiss2:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
If you dont like noise, then birds are not for you. :(

Carbon

Walking the driveway
Is this a joke?
Oh yes, yes it's a joke. Are you laughing?

Why would you " have a dark blue comforter that I cover her cage with at night,
So that the light and TV doesn't bother her and she can sleep peacefully, which she does.

so I just throw it on the top of the cage when I'm not around."
She likes it when I put something on the top. It gives her a sense of security when she's by herself (kinda like putting the back of your cage to the wall).

Carbon

Walking the driveway
And just to be clear, the noise of my sun DOES NOT BOTHER ME. I like it. However I cant get neighbors and roommates to like it. I can't afford to live by myself yet, and when I do, I won't need soundproofing.

Status
Not open for further replies.