• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No touching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Herdis
There was a time when Jacob didn't like my hands. Now he want's to make sweet love to them :o: Lately when I give him a scritch he will maneuver himself onto my hand and fan out or move his tail. As soon as he does that I gently let him step down off my hand. Now the thing is I have been very careful of not giving him mixed signals that I want to have babies with him. I already have a boyfriend, of the same species :D I have never petted Jacob on the back or wings, only on the head like a buddy bird would do. He has never regurgitated on me or showed other signs of being bonded to me. He likes my boyfriend and seeks out his company as much as mine. But should I stop giving him scritches on the head?

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
You have come so far with Jacob, that is so great! No, I would not stop the scritches on his head. :heart: Under the wings and his back, etc. would be a no no when he is in mating mode!

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
I've never given him scritches under the wings and back but even the head scritches seem to get him in the mood. Now every time I give him a scritch he starts to move onto my hand and then when I put him down he get's frustrated with me and doesn't want any scritches anymore.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Have a foot toy or something else to distract him...play with the foot toy as you scratch his head...:hug8:

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
I agree with the above posts. If he doesn't want you scritching his head then stop until he is ready again. But continue to try because you've come a long way with him and I would hate to see that change because of a lack of physical contact.

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
yeah he just seems to get the wrong idea with the head scritching, don't know why. I just don't want to be a boring tease like some teenage girl. Giving out all the signals and then backing down leaving the other party frustrated and unsatisfied :lol:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
yeah he just seems to get the wrong idea with the head scritching, don't know why. I just don't want to be a boring tease like some teenage girl. Giving out all the signals and then backing down leaving the other party frustrated and unsatisfied :lol:
Because he loves you. Parrots are opportunists who NEVER miss an opportunity. Simple as that. :)

trout

Real Name
Bobby
It's just that time of year. I wouldn't stop anything you have been doing, he just can't control himself. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.