• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No room for an abyssinian lovebird

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I so want photoshop right now! I want to use @Zara S profile picture and take her face off (ouch!), then put it on the picture of the canary to visualise what this haircut looked like! Sorry Zara, but I really need this to happen now. Anyone got a good photoeditor or something?

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes! Of course, research!

Could the bowl cut babies be Gloster canaries?
View attachment 354550
Yes! Although he wasn't as yellow as this one I think...? He was a zippy little fellow so I didn't get a proper look at him, never mind a photo. Finches are so active, makes me tired just watching them :lol:

No offence to them but woah! Is that a covid cut?
That legit made me LOL :rofl:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've gone down a gloster canary rabbit hole and now I'm giggling at how severe some of them look :rofl:

I can just hear him saying to me "your mother and I are not angry with you, just disappointed"

tumblr_mm1dkqkxGe1rw872io2_500.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I can just hear him saying to me "your mother and I are not angry with you, just disappointed"
:coffeescreen: Perfect caption!!!!!!!!! Nailed it!!! :rofl:

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I've gone down a gloster canary rabbit hole and now I'm giggling at how severe some of them look :rofl:

View attachment 354552
I see idiot cool boy trying to impress a girl, failing miserably by having stupid hair then asking them out, being rejected and then sobbing stupidly the rest of the day. Sorry, Khizz, but I think my story is far better

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I see idiot cool boy trying to impress a girl, failing miserably by having stupid hair then asking them out, being rejected and then sobbing stupidly the rest of the day. Sorry, Khizz, but I think my story is far better
Canary "sorry Khizz, but I think my story is far better" :rofl:

GlosterCanaryCoronaWBC_Ap13C.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
There's always room for another lovie! They're small. .... :)
I know... eep. It´s the cage and general size of living room. I did just spot a house online, hopefully it´s still avail when I call tomorrow :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are an amazing species! I love that they are dimorphic similar to the Madagascar lovebirds. Unfortunately, they are now very rare in the United States.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They are an amazing species! I love that they are dimorphic similar to the Madagascar lovebirds. Unfortunately, they are now very rare in the United States.
Very beautiful! Most were males, but I am sure I saw one girl...
They were in a cage with Roseicollis. They caught my eye as soon as I got to the door. We cannot go in the shop, and their cage was a couple of metres back.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
@Zara Are they also rare in Spain?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Zara Are they also rare in Spain?
They are certainly not common which is why they caught my eye so quickly. There are currently a few listings, like a handful. Some were older, or sold as threes. I saw only one listing for unweaned, which is the most common age for other species (P, F, R) to be sold at in Spain outside of pet shops.
The breeder I got my first two birds from was a small aviary selling only Roseicollis so he doesn´t breed them.

They are being sold for 50euros each, 59usd.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

View attachment 354552
My Ringo looked like that.

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
I love abyssinian lovebirds! i did a slideshow for my communications class two years ago and i did it all about lovebirds. i had only known peach faced, fischers, and masked lovies before that, and when i first saw the abyssinian I just thought they were the cutest little birds ever:heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
These two looked so happy with each other:

20200923_211352.jpg
I'm glad you are adopting them to make sure they stay together and aren't adopted out separately. That's wonderful news! 31.gif

Could the bowl cut babies be Gloster canaries?
gloster.jpg
:coffeescreen: Omg I am a horrible troll with no soul the way I just laughed at this poor bird. :laughing4:

Not gonna lie... I´m sure my mum cut my hair like this once when I was a kid with a cooking pot :shy:
Lovely @Zara, I'm sure you looked adorable with that haircut and definitely wore it better than the bird. :yes1: Besides, a lot of kids had that haircut back in the day.

(I'm still a laughing like a jerk at that poor creature.)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm glad you are adopting them to make sure they stay together and aren't adopted out separately. That's wonderful news!
31.gif
:coffeescreen: Talk about passive enabling! :rofl: Though, Khizz, maybe you should say that to hubby?? ;)

:coffeescreen: Omg I a m a horrible troll with no soul the way I just laughed at this poor bird. :laughing4:
I think we are all guilty! :shy:

Besides, a lot of kids had that haircut back in the day.
Yea, it was scarily common!! Bahaha. Good times :rolleyes: The UK has gone so soft they would probably be after the parents for abuse if they gave their kid a cut like that nowadays.