• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No room for an abyssinian lovebird

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Just went to get seeds from the indi shop... There were 4 young Taranta (black winged) lovebirds - They were absolutely gorgeous!!!
I do not have room for more birds otherwise I would have had one with me now! Maybe one day!! :swoon:

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Just went to get seeds from the indi shop... There were 4 young Taranta (black winged) lovebirds - They were absolutely gorgeous!!!
I do not have room for more birds otherwise I would have had one with me now! Maybe one day!! :swoon:
No room? To fit in Twiggy, we had to rearrange the living room. To fit in Iris, we had to move half the living room around. Still sure you have no room?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
We are looking for a house, have been for a while and more so since the pandemic. If I had the house, I would have more space :(

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Does the boyfriend have a piece of furniture that is his?

Hint hint, really I mean DID he have any? :roflmao:
We´re in a rental, and it´s unfortunately furnished.

I do not need much furniture. And I am hoping the new place will be unfurnished. My living room is not that big. The last 2 additions were unplanned so the family has grown without intention already.

At least I know the guy has a breeder contact and can get this species. Would love a male Canus too.. and a normal Personatus... :cloud9:

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I went to get bird food and was also dying to take home some budgies :( My husband is worse than you AA lot for talking me into getting birds :lol:He's using the same argument as @Ali , "do you really need the desk in your office???"

These two looked so happy with each other:

20200923_211352.jpg

And I was so besotted with this beautiful boy:

20200923_211334.jpg

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I went to get bird food and was also dying to take home some budgies :( My husband is worse than you AA lot for talking me into getting birds :lol:He's using the same argument as @Ali , "do you really need the desk in your office???"

These two looked so happy with each other:

View attachment 354540

And I was so besotted with this beautiful boy:

View attachment 354542
Oh my they are cute! I love the look of that shop too, looks so clean, tidy and caring!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my they are cute! I love the look of that shop too, looks so clean, tidy and caring!
Yeah it's like a big aviary type place. I'd argue it's a bit tall rather than long for my liking, but the birds have enough space to fly and hop about and the shop use the opportunity to advertise their own stock of toys. I love going and gazing longingly at them :rofl:

I have an old post about it somewhere, I'll try to find it.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Also @Khizz your husband has a point. But I have another suggestion. All those book shelves he has... could he not spare a bit of room by finding a new home for one of those, if he is so ery desperate for budgies? :lol:
He has his own room for warhammer figures! Absolutely no chance of me moving my stuff when he can't clear out his tiny Gandalfs :rofl:

Found the thread (there are more pics later on in the thread)

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ahhh yes I call that the Gouldian Finch Thread. :D
I've still let you down by not taking more pics of the finches! They currently have some of those that look like they are sporting a pudding basin hair cut, no idea of the name? I'm working near there next Weds, I'll try and get more pics then...for...err...research :smug: