• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No parrot suppliers in Ireland

EmmaAndEiffel

Sitting on the front steps
I'm not sure where the right is place for this thread, I'm living in Ireland and due to the UK leaving the EU no parrot suppliers are delivering to Ireland, we do not have a parrot supply store here we only have regular pet stores with a "bird section" that's mostly for budgies, canaries and wild birds. I'm really struggling to find a place to buy supplies (there are none I've been close to tears for the last 2 days trying to find one) I'm mostly in need of a parrot safe disinfectant that can be used while the parrot is still in the cage (I used to buy F10 aviary spray) and a soothing balm or lotion I can put on my parrots feet because he gets pressure sores from having surgery on his foot a few years ago, I heard great things about avifood soothing balm but again I can't buy it anywhere, my question is is there anyone on here living in Ireland that could point me in the direction of a supplier or a store outside Ireland that will still deliver here? Or does anyone know of human products that can be easily bought in a store or pharmacy that can be used? Please I'm so desperate

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
amazon?

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
have you tried a diy disinfectant with diluted white vinegar and lemons? Or depending on the reason behind disinfecting you could wash the item with water and a little bit of dish soap and thoroughly wash and dry

Tazlima

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Oof, that's rough. Have you tried talking to the pet store management to see if they could special order items for you? Their suppliers may have what you're looking for, and a good pet store (especially a smaller non-chain one, if you can find it), should jump at the chance to fill an unmet need in the community. That's $$$.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's a hairy situation right now with shipping over your way :(

For F10, do you have any reptile shops you can order from? F10 is very popular with reptile keepers.

EmmaAndEiffel

Oof, that's rough. Have you tried talking to the pet store management to see if they could special order items for you? Their suppliers may have what you're looking for, and a good pet store (especially a smaller non-chain one, if you can find it), should jump at the chance to fill an unmet need in the community. That's $$$.
There's a little petshop that I know would definitely do this for me but I can't get to it cause of covid lockdown too, it's like trying to jump hoops between lockdown and brexit

EmmaAndEiffel

It's a hairy situation right now with shipping over your way :(

For F10, do you have any reptile shops you can order from? F10 is very popular with reptile keepers.
Not in my town anyway and with lockdown it's hard to get to a reptile shop

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Some googling.... Not sure if any of these will work for you

Darcy

Moving in
Real Name
Christine
I'm not sure where the right is place for this thread, I'm living in Ireland and due to the UK leaving the EU no parrot suppliers are delivering to Ireland, we do not have a parrot supply store here we only have regular pet stores with a "bird section" that's mostly for budgies, canaries and wild birds. I'm really struggling to find a place to buy supplies (there are none I've been close to tears for the last 2 days trying to find one) I'm mostly in need of a parrot safe disinfectant that can be used while the parrot is still in the cage (I used to buy F10 aviary spray) and a soothing balm or lotion I can put on my parrots feet because he gets pressure sores from having surgery on his foot a few years ago, I heard great things about avifood soothing balm but again I can't buy it anywhere, my question is is there anyone on here living in Ireland that could point me in the direction of a supplier or a store outside Ireland that will still deliver here? Or does anyone know of human products that can be easily bought in a store or pharmacy that can be used? Please I'm so desperate

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
@EmmaAndEiffel
F10 isn't available in the USA either because of some customs problems. I got some from Australia via ebay, no problems and came surprisingly quickly.
Check out MorningBird Morning Bird, Inc. who bought out Avitech products when the owner died. I believe the balm you liked is no longer made because of ingredient problems.
Or a great foot salve is either vitamin E oil or I would highly recommend for disinfecting properties you can get from any vet :
Silver Sulfdiazine Cream 1% There may be other places to get it like pharmacies or online. I don't know those.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Are Northern Parriots not shipping to IE?
I know there were some issues with DHL and some other companies temporarily halting deliveries from UK to EU due to pandemic issues. I have been receiving packages from my parents UK-ES, so hope fully the shipping issue is better now?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sorry, Just saw the info they released.

There is a phone number;
¨ Sorry, we have no suitable shipping method for the destination you have chosen. Please call us on 0800 488 0345. ¨
Maybe call and ask what the deal is?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Not helpful right now (sorry) but there is at least one parrot store in Ireland... I’ve seen them on IG- I try to find them again and if I do then I’ll share their details.
I’m not sure if they only sell toys or if they sell other supplies too.

Could always use an alternative disinfectant.

I feel so bad when I see people can’t get F10, it’s still available everywhere here in Aus. Can you get shipping from Aus?

EmmaAndEiffel

Are Northern Parriots not shipping to IE?
I know there were some issues with DHL and some other companies temporarily halting deliveries from UK to EU due to pandemic issues. I have been receiving packages from my parents UK-ES, so hope fully the shipping issue is better now?

They aren't, it says on their website all overseas shipping has been temporarily suspended due to brexit and they are doing biweekly updates hoping to start shipping again soon

EmmaAndEiffel

Not helpful right now (sorry) but there is at least one parrot store in Ireland... I’ve seen them on IG- I try to find them again and if I do then I’ll share their details.
I’m not sure if they only sell toys or if they sell other supplies too.

Could always use an alternative disinfectant.

I feel so bad when I see people can’t get F10, it’s still available everywhere here in Aus. Can you get shipping from Aus?
I might be able to get it from countries outside of Europe but I'd pay a small fortune for customs since it's classed as a chemical, I will do that if I have no other options

EmmaAndEiffel

@EmmaAndEiffel
F10 isn't available in the USA either because of some customs problems. I got some from Australia via ebay, no problems and came surprisingly quickly.
Check out MorningBird Morning Bird, Inc. who bought out Avitech products when the owner died. I believe the balm you liked is no longer made because of ingredient problems.
Or a great foot salve is either vitamin E oil or I would highly recommend for disinfecting properties you can get from any vet :
Silver Sulfdiazine Cream 1% There may be other places to get it like pharmacies or online. I don't know those.
Thank so much for the foot salv recommendations I will definitely get some vitamin e oil and I'll have a look if the other one is available here, I know I can definitely get the oil in my local health store so that's a great help