• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No more pellets left for my birds

berrynkiwi

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Hello
I ordered pellets for my budgies around 6 days before it ran out and the order said it would arrive in 3 days. There was a huge delay and it now says it will take 5 more days for the pellets to be delivered to my house. Unfortunately, there aren't many pet stores near my area and the ones that are a fair distance away, only offer seeds, no pellets. I've checked other shops online that sell the same pellets but they will take longer to deliver than the one I ordered before. There won't be any pellets for my budgies tomorrow and the day after... what do I do? Is there a way to make homemade pellets? Please help!!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Will they eat seeds and veggies? Cooked grains like brown rice, quinoa, etc? Being without pellets for a week or so won't harm them as long as they will eat other foods :)

berrynkiwi

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Hello
Will they eat seeds and veggies? Cooked grains like brown rice, quinoa, etc? Being without pellets for a week or so won't harm them as long as they will eat other foods :)

Yes they eat seeds, veggies and grains. Oh okay, I was worried that not eating pellets for some time would harm them. Thank you so much!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes they eat seeds, veggies and grains. Oh okay, I was worried that not eating pellets for some time would harm them. Thank you so much!
It would have to be an extended period of time. :) More with a varied diet!

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
Remember that pellets are composed of a variety of seeds (one of the major problems with seed diets is that the birds pick out their favorite, thus limiting the nutrients). They will be fine with a variety of foods for one week. Think of it like Thanksgiving for us... we all take a week and eat not the most sensibly but then afterwards we go back to our normal diet. The supply chain and lagging delivery times sure wreak havoc sometimes. My cat is on a special diet and it is a pain to try and keep his prescription diet when I order a month's supply and end up with a two week supply, late.