• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No more mail from USA to Australia

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Considering we have a SWS coming up, thought this might be relevant:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have not even looked at nor got excited about the sales or raffles as I had been told there was NO post to here from the US. I never bothered to check if there were updated changes.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
First class letter takes about 4 to 6 weeks. I guess they use hot air balloons.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Express has been working well. Taking a little longer than you expect express to be but so far mine have all been within delivery estimates.
Last I heard there was absolutely no parcel post to Aus from US. The last thing I read was a while back (around when Jan mentioned she was not shipping to Aus anymore) and I just assumed there was still no service as so many people have made comments about trying to find alternatives to the stuff they usually get sent from the US.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
What? How did you get Express to work? All international mail for Australia has been closed.

Screenshot_20211027-214038_Chrome.jpg

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

*Australia’s service disruption affects Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), Commercial ePacket (CeP), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) packets, International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) M-Bags, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) packets, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) M-Bags, and Airmail M-Bags.

Makes no mention of express mail. Everything I have sent express has been delivered. :D Of course I feel like I'm robbing people at the price of express mail but I charge exactly what I am charged. If the shipping is acceptable for you I'll ship it. :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Oof, yeah, I think I'd keel over on those prices.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There is postal service, just some services have been limited. The title of this thread makes it sound as if nothing is being shipped to Australia—and that’s just not true.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
There have been postal delivery changes a fair bit here in the last year but I also think it depends where you live- we got notified a few months back that that we would have no parcel delivery on and off for a few weeks and to expect delays. Since then it’s been hit and miss with estimated delivery times and we’ve had different delivery people too sometimes. I think there’s been issues with the service providers as well as the actual postal service.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
It seems that its the borders in Australia that are more like countries that are having trouble moving mail.
USPS is just trying to avoid potential problems. Literally took months for a stinken 1 ounce letter to get to a Solicitor
but then again knowing how slow that solicitor is it might have sat for weeks on her desk too! This was April 2020 to May 2020 so nothing to do with current issues.

Makes it hard on me. Australia even messes up the phones & connects me to strange numbers instead of hospitals. I guess the satellites got Covid fever too or everyone over there has an excuse for why they don't do there job.

I have a solicitor & my parents POA on my radar & I'm ready to pull the trigger if I am given just cause.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The new laws regarding vaccine and work places have also now put another spanner in the works with postage as well as every other service out there.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I was under the impression that no mail was being delivered from US to AUS via USPS. Looks like Sarah found a way around it for a steep price!