• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nipping Sun Conure

Yemi52991

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone! New conure owner here. I’ve had my baby since April and he’s going to be 5 months in about 2 weeks.

I’ve noticed in the past week my baby is nipping us a lot when he spends time with us. He likes spending time with my brother and I and when he’s with us everything is up for grabs: fingers, ears, nose, lips. He doesn’t bite but he will get to a point where he nips and pinches skin enough that it hurts a bit. Everything is a chew toy. He isn’t being aggressive. Any input and what we can do to teach him to stop so it doesn’t turn into something more serious? He does have toys in his cage as well that he plays with and loves destroying.

thanks in advance!

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Valentine is a sun and she too was nippy at the beginning. Now when she is in my shirt peeking and holding on with her feet I started rubbing her feet and the nipping stopped.

justabit

Sitting on the front steps
My sun has a very busy beak. If he's nibbling someplace he shouldn't, I just deny it to him: pull away, move him somewhere, walk away from him, block it from his reach, etc.