• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Nimh the Speckled Mousebird

CrystalLeo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christi
Oh yeah no, this rain is terrible. But it looks like it's finally clearing up some, and hopefully we'll have some nice sun today. :laughing12:

Amy Pierce

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
We've also had loads of rain here the past few weeks. I can't wait to get started on my aviary, I'm so excited to get it built :D

CrystalLeo

Real Name
Christi
I want an Aviery too! But just don't have the funds or time for it yet :wacky:. All good things come to those who wait. As they say. Sad part is that i'm one of those impatient people:p

Amy Pierce

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
I know the feeling, luckily I've been able to save a bit, and my dad said he would give me the rest as an 18th birthday present :dance4: location has been chosen, just time to order all the materials and get building :D

CrystalLeo

Real Name
Christi
Hahahahahaha Lucky! You are gona love it. Make sure to send pix from start to finish. I would love to see!

Naomi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Naomi
Wow, finally someone who knows where the name is from!! Been waiting sooo long for someone to notice :D :dance4:
Please elaborate, i have no idea.... what that is :wideyed:

Naomi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Naomi
Hahahahahaha Lucky! You are gona love it. Make sure to send pix from start to finish. I would love to see!
Me too... I also built my own avairy with some help from my brother in law ;)

Amy Pierce

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
Me too... I also built my own avairy with some help from my brother in law ;)
Thanks, will definitely post pics!! Right now the spot I'm going to use is housing wood and corrugated iron :dead: So I'll need a few days to clear all that out! I'm building it on to an already existing building, as it already provides a roof, which will save me a heck of a lot! Its going to be fairly small for now, but I'm already planning on expanding once I've saved up some more! And there's a room right next to it where I can store dry food and other equipment :D Luckily I've dragged my boyfriend into helping, he's totally handy with tools! As for me, I'll do the interior decor and the supervising ;)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
When I hear that name it reminds me of another movie I loved, even though the spelling is different~ Nim's Island

CrystalLeo

Real Name
Christi
The Secrets of Nimh is an old animated movie based on the book Mrs Frisby and the Rats of Nimh :D It's a really cute story about rats and mice! :joyful:
That is still one of my most favorite animated movies! Hahahahaha still have it on video!!! Mrs Frisby is my most favorite character!:laugh:

Amy Pierce

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
Calling all mousers! Nimh has been showing some rather peculiar behavior lately, and I'm fairly certain he's wanting to mate! First of all, when I put my hand around him as if to hold him, he puts his crest up, sticks his butt in the air, and 'quivers' madly, making a loud "trrrrrrrr" sound. He is also spending way more time in his 'nest', often I find him in there during the day, and when he sees me looking at him he starts doing little quivers and making little noises. :wacky: Its super cute but from this behavior, is it possible he's a girl? :laugh: I'm not sure if I would be able to stop calling 'her' a him! :roflmao:
@waterfaller1 @Naomi @snada

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne

Amy Pierce

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
Thanks so much @srtiels , Nimh definitely has mites/lice, little grey buggers that crawl around. I'm treating him with non-toxic eco-ban bird powder that was recommended and apparently works very well. Still waiting to see results though! I will see if I can get hold of some of the products in the links you posted :)

snada

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
@Amy Pierce Nimh looks so cute. I love the fluffy belly. :heart: Tweety loves belly scratches as well :)