• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Night Time

JSS

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jen
Hi Everyone

Newby here and after some advice on what time is the correct time to put birds to bed?

Also there COULD be a VERY rare occasion i may have to stay overnight with a family member but would be unable to bring birdy along. If they were settled for bed and I was to return early in the morning, do you think this would be okay or would you recommend bird boarding for the evening?

Thanks in advance

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
The time you put them to bed depends on your schedule. I give my fids a solid twelve hours a night to sleep, so since I wake them up around 7:00 every morning, I put them to bed around 7:00 at night. Whatever time you personally wake up in the morning, you can put them to bed at the same hour at night for a good long rest.

You can leave them alone overnight, so long as you're there when they wake up. They should sleep soundly throughout the night if it's quiet and dark.

JSS

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jen
Thank you

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Welcome to the forum Jen :) :fairy:

My birds are sleeping beauties. They are very sleepy around 5:30-6 pm. They normally put themselves to bed at 6:30pm, but sometimes they are on in their sleeping spots at 5:30. I am normally up before them and wake them up by opening the blind around 6:30 am. On the weekends if I sleep in they are still sleeping at 7:30...they love their sleep. I am lucky enough to have a separate room for them. It helps so close the door and not bother them in the evening. It is pretty amazing how sensitive they are to their sleepy time. They can be very crabby the next day if we need to wake them up early or if there is some other change to our schedule. They are little princes. Need there ZZZzzzzzs!

:goodnight2::goodnight2: :goodnight2:

I agree with the above post. If you need to be away, do your best to get there in the morning as soon as possible. I would also give an extra food dish and fresh water before you leave...just in case something comes up. If you to get petrol or if there is traffic it will help with your stress level to know that your birds will have something to eat and water. Once you arrive you can tend to them normally.