• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Night time troubles

KiwiConure

Strolling the yard
Hey y'all! Kiwi is usually pretty good with going to bed, sometimes I have to stand and be patient with a treat to bring her in, but overall she's okay.

However, tonight in particular, she's been giving me a lot of troubles. It's going on hour two of trying to get her into her cage, and she is NOT having it. Yet, she's dozing off with one foot up wherever else she can, but whenever I go near her she immediately flys away, no matter what treat I have. I'm wondering if anyone elses bird had played tricks like this (a kid throwing a tantrum really), or if something might have happened?

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo has done this but only the once she was ok the night after and has been since.
I dont have any food or water available outside of there cages of a evening anymore so they need to return to there cage to eat and drink they also dont get a treat if they are pushing the boundaries of returning to there cage until back in there cages.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your mileage may vary, but when Queen’s being a colossal turd like that I turn out the lights and leave her! Not unlike a toddler throwing a tantrum- I’m leaving so you’d better hustle your buns if you don’t want me out of sight. I zap the lights off, but leave the light to her bedroom on. Then I get up and make my way out of the room.

Within 20 seconds I have a fruity stealth bomber on my shoulder or head. And then I plop her in her cage. And of course we get a tiny bit of seeds or a nutriberry.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When Opie is feeling uncooperative, I find a piece of banana is the perfect lure for getting him back into his cage! But yes, sometimes getting the fids to bed is a struggle!