• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nice Shower Today

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
I was doing dishes earlier this morning while Farlie was sitting on his sink perch chewing on one of those edible perches he has when all of a sudden he started begging profusely. Well, I know what that usually means so I slowed and cooled down the spray, he likes cold water showers, and I got him on my finger and he went nuts. Fell off my finger twice but wanted back up and he never just stud under the water with an occasional shake for so long before. I'll bet it was a good 20 minutes just standing there under the water. Very odd but he has always loved water. Bathes, showers, spray bottles, just doesn't matter with him, he loves it.

I bought him one of these but he hasn't taken to it yet.

kitchensink.jpg

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
We have the same sink toy! My 6 year old loves playing with it, but our birds are totally disinterested. I've tried to just leave it running on a table in the bird room, but the water stops running after about an hour, not sure why.

Have you tried a shower perch? My GCC likes sink showers and baths and he ADORES his shower perch. Not the water, but the most that sprays off of the walls or me. He stands there with his eyes closed and just looks ecstatic. The budgies, on the other hand, are strictly spray bottle bathers, and it's the one presentation of water/bathing that Argo wants nothing to do with, lol.