• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nice day and TGCC update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I took my time today and finally (well perhaps not) finished putting up the 2x2 sections for boings and ceiling stuff. Now all the conures have their own boings/zones. Zephyr :tgcc: is so happy to have the spot in front of the door (half window) and right next to my loveseat so I can reach up and give scritches. AND...he can now sit kinda close to everyone when we have snugglefests. I didn't even think about that aspect. He's doing well although he looks rough (molting like crazy) but he needs birdie manners. Pretty sure he wants to play but goes all out and in the others birds faces to which they want to thump on him so that means of course he must then fight back. He knows now not to tangle with Kari (that on/off switch you know). She wasn't having any of this new birdie thing. Not to sure Happy didn't realize it wasn't Kari coming up to him until Zephyr pulled his head feathers and made him look - and go after him. :slapfight:Giggie might have liked him if he hadn't gone after Carlton. Ooh, should have heard all the conure swearing and watched those two get shoulder to shoulder, look at each other and stalk him. Sooo, he's not allowed on that side of the room. He's funny, plays so well by himself as long as I don't go too far from him. And he just doesn't like anyone else. Since he saw me that day at the store, he just will not go to anyone. He likes Chya the sun but isn't allowed to touch her else much sun conure screeching occurs. But Chya will groom his little head every now and then... Guess I'll take friendship beginnings wherever I can get them. I do miss quarantine though...he was my little night stand buddy...miss his little "what r you doing, pretty bird" and all his little chattering at bedtime.

unicornlady7

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Christa
Awe! Yeah, my 'tiels don't trust Aristotle one single bit! Lol! If he's on their cage, he's fine with them (close suppervision), but quarrels happen on the playstand...

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He sounds so cute,and I just love his name:heart: Any chance of some new pics of him,and the rest of your Greenie babies?

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Somehow my battery charger for the camera has wandered away but here are some cell phone pictures (poor quality) although Giggie and Carlton were left out. I was not allowed to name Zephyr- Nook and call him my little "Nook, nook"...apparently teen daughters find that embarrasing even though Kindle's competitor named thier product Nook. They all LOVE being at the tip of the boings!

zephyr.jpg

zephyr 2.jpg
yucca rain.jpg
And if anyone knows where I can find Kari a device that plays hip hop music and looks like a cell, let me know.

kari hyped.jpg

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Somehow my battery charger for the camera has wandered away but here are some cell phone pictures (poor quality) although Giggie and Carlton were left out. I was not allowed to name Zephyr- Nook and call him my little "Nook, nook"...apparently teen daughters find that embarrasing even though Kindle's competitor named thier product Nook. They all LOVE being at the tip of the boings!

View attachment 81234

View attachment 81235
View attachment 81236
And if anyone knows where I can find Kari a device that plays hip hop music and looks like a cell, let me know.

View attachment 81237
I love the pics,thank you so much :hug8:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Happy to post pictures anytime I can share pics with someone who appreciates them like I do!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy to post pictures anytime I can share pics with someone who appreciates them like I do!
I know what you mean,lol. I will always appreciate Greenie pics,they are my most favorite Parrots and I will always love seeing pics of them:heart:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Beautiful!:heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Very pretty!

Matt

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
What a fun house you have--& some very happy conures! Good idea keeping an eye on the little newby around the others. If you enjoy having him next to you on the bedside table, go for it. My SC Nicky sleeps in a small travel cage at night next to my bed:heart:

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Woohoo, conures! :dance4: We conure nuts always want to see more! :dance4:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
What a fun house you have--& some very happy conures! Good idea keeping an eye on the little newby around the others. If you enjoy having him next to you on the bedside table, go for it. My SC Nicky sleeps in a small travel cage at night next to my bed:heart:
Thank you-I'm trying to get it there! With it getting cooler out, the pellet stove makes the upstairs thermostat believe that it is warm so the furnace doesn't kick in as much and our room is starting to get too cold for him. :( Not to mention that I have the female egg laying tiel in the sleep cage since she decided to be a she and the boys fight over who gets to keep her. Kari bit little Zephyr's foot last night made him limp around and hold it up...poor baby but he looks okay this morning. I swear she looks for moments to catch both he and I off guard. She's such a poop-head sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.