• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Newest little ones to the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Here are the two newest additions to the clan at my house:D
Here is Larry the Short tailed oppposum I got Sunday from a friend.
GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment1.jpg

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
And Here is Marge the hedgehog I got a couple of months ago.
GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment1.jpg

wezl

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Carla Rae
Aww they're awesome! I love the possums. Can you post more pics?

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
They are adorable. You wouldn't want 6 two week old possoms would you???? We had to euthanize mama on friday.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Aww they're awesome! I love the possums. Can you post more pics?
I will try and get more for you the opossum isn't too photogenic I always get pictures of his back end never his face:hehe:
They are adorable. You wouldn't want 6 two week old possoms would you???? We had to euthanize mama on friday.
I am soory for your lose. And are they short tails? I dont have room for another one but if they are short tails I know someone who would be interested.

Oknuma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Oknuma
aww they are gorgeous!
will they live with you full time or be rehabilitated and released? ( i guess I am asking if they are pets or wildlife? )

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Awwww, what cuties.

wezl

Real Name
Carla Rae
I will try and get more for you the opossum isn't too photogenic I always get pictures of his back end never his face:hehe:
That's like my pics with Maggie, my skunk, LOL! She's always turning away when she sees the camera.

I'd love to be able to take in the babies. I've done wildlife rehab possums, but it's hard when they're so little. GA doesn't let us have exotic marsupials and only rehabbers can raise virginiana to release. I'm amazed at people who post their sugar gliders for sale.
I can put out word among some FL people I know, if you want

Wandered off a bit! I'd love to hear more about your possum! They are so small, especially being used to our big guys :)heart:). Is it cuddly? I see the wheel, does it use it? Our chipmunk loved his wheel. He'd run alot, and it was so cute. He didn't know he was a chipmunk, though. We miss him so much.
I love the hedgie, too. I've known a few in education programs, but I've never met one who was a pet and handled a lot.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
aww they are gorgeous!
will they live with you full time or be rehabilitated and released? ( i guess I am asking if they are pets or wildlife? )
They are both pets. The opossum is native to south america and the hedgie is from africa.
Wandered off a bit! I'd love to hear more about your possum! They are so small, especially being used to our big guys :)heart:). Is it cuddly? I see the wheel, does it use it? Our chipmunk loved his wheel. He'd run alot, and it was so cute. He didn't know he was a chipmunk, though. We miss him so much.
I love the hedgie, too. I've known a few in education programs, but I've never met one who was a pet and handled a lot.
The normal size for a short tail is that close to a medium rat so easy to house. So far it he hasnt been the mst cuddly yet but then again I havent had him for too terribly long so I am still letting him adjust to his new home before really working with him. But he will tolerate being handle if he is irritated he will do the typical opposum moves and open his mouth and his and try and scare my big mean hand out of the way. And he will also pee and poo if he really starts to get irked and it is a very pungant odor that is for sure. As for the weel the it is really isnt that good of one right now it is the one that came in his cage. I need to buy him a bigger one because the former owner said that he loved it. And your chipmunk sounds like he was adorable! And the hedgie is alot of fun. We are still trying to get used to each other but once i have her out for a few minutes she will generally calm down. But I have read they can become almost puppy dog tame and follow you around the house.
Woa, dude where ya been? Nice to see you :). Also, they are way cute :)
I have sooo busy lately I havent had a chance to even think about getting on here and it also didnt help my computer crashed so I was computerless for a while too.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I want to come to your house and play with your critters. They are so cute! :D

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Here are some more pictures the two:D P1020823.jpg

P1020824.jpg

P1020826.jpg

P1020830.jpg

P1020828.jpg

P1020818.jpg

P1020821.jpg

P1020822.jpg

wezl

Real Name
Carla Rae
OMG! They are so cute! I love the big eyes! I really can't say one is cuter than the other! You got great pics of them. I just want to kiss Larry, he's so cute!

I'm gonna have to die of the Cute!

OK, I got a little redundant, but so cute!

Last edited:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: they're so cute!!!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.