• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Newborn Budgie laying flat on stomach?? Help!!

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
9DB8A4D7-FD4B-4476-A6E7-C1728EB15C1F.jpeg She ate fine about 20 minutes ago, now she’s laying like this and hardly moving. She curls up and chirps at the presence of my hand, but that’s it. Is this normal?? (She’s one day old, neglected by breeders)

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney

Soon after the photo, she started crying for food. She ate well, just like usual, and when I put her back in her box, she went back to that position? Is this a normal sleeping position and I'm just overreacting?

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Update: I’ve fed her again since then and she seems back to normal. I don’t know what that was though? I’d like to know so I can avoid it in the future if possible

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hey, I just posted a long reply on your other thread for this little one.

The video is the chick looking for her mum and clutch mates, and the warmth and comfort that offers (as well as the obvious, food).

The laying flat, I´m not 100% but it could be ¨giving up on trying to move¨. I wrote on your other thread about bedding, and not using paper towels and paper. There´s no grip, and for a little creature like this, they need the grip to be able to move, or they are walking and not getting anywhere, like running on ice but staying in the same spot. Get the brooder lined with the shavings, and create a small dip for the chick. They like to snuggle or touch other things (clutchmates/mum/dad etc), Do you have something so small made of cotton fabric? Maybe a hair scrunchie you can tie in a small ball? To put in the brooder with the bird? You can´t use something too large or it may fall on the bird and smother them.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Hey, I just posted a long reply on your other thread for this little one.

The video is the chick looking for her mum and clutch mates, and the warmth and comfort that offers (as well as the obvious, food).

The laying flat, I´m not 100% but it could be ¨giving up on trying to move¨. I wrote on your other thread about bedding, and not using paper towels and paper. There´s no grip, and for a little creature like this, they need the grip to be able to move, or they are walking and not getting anywhere, like running on ice but staying in the same spot. Get the brooder lined with the shavings, and create a small dip for the chick. They like to snuggle or touch other things (clutchmates/mum/dad etc), Do you have something so small made of cotton fabric? Maybe a hair scrunchie you can tie in a small ball? To put in the brooder with the bird? You can´t use something too large or it may fall on the bird and smother them.
Yes thank you! I’m not sure if I have anything... I’ll see if I can find something though