• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Newbie here, I have all the questions!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sorry all I did not get the tag. Welcome to the land of budgies and I hope you continue to enjoy them both. Glad you have two because budgies so enjoy another pal. The names you picked are adorable. As far as the leg band goes it can go either way, cause an issue or not cause an issue. Usually, a vet removes a leg band because the legs are fragile and can be hurt in the process. If you vet mentions giving aesthesia to the bird first - walk out. A good avian vet can remove the band with a specific tool they usually have.

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
I LOVE budgies and your pair is SUPER CUTE! Congratulations! Just a couple of thoughts to add...
1. Regarding the bands, I understand both arguments. Luckily for me, in 12 years of being owned by budgies (not to mention my childhood years!), I've never had a band-related incident, so I just wanted to add a data point, if you will;
2. You did mention you're already getting another cage, but consider also replacing the covered perch (at least that's what I think I'm seeing in one of the photos you shared). While those come from the "land of good intentions" (to keep their nails and beak trimmed), they can be very harsh on their sensitive little feet if those are their main perching options. Ideally, you want to have a variety of perches with different diameters and textures (including some flat perches as well).

But above all, ENJOY welcoming these two into your family! It warms my heart every time birds go into loving and caring homes. Oh, and as for the names, I love both! Jedda reminds me of jade, which is a green stone, so that's fitting! :) Can't wait to see more photos of your flock as they get used to their new surroundings!