• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Yarn Balls!

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looking forward to Spring Baby Fever (love that term!) has been one of very few things getting me through this bleak, dark, Covid winter. So happy for all the babies!! And more to come…

Gigibirds

OMGOODNESS they are so cute!!! Look at those teensy-tiny pink and white ears!!! Congrats on the babies!! Yeah, spring baby fever is extra tough to battle this year :roflmao:
:cngrt5::heart:

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
They're gorgeous! I didn't even see the little white angel at first, they don't look like they could be real animals!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
So tiny and cute!!:loveshower:
It's not even spring here, but i am still eagerly looking forward to the babies we'll hopefully have here soon!

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
Gosh they’re precious :heart:
Are they angoras? Is that what you mean by yarn balls? Sorry if you’ve mentioned this elsewhere but I get excited about bunnies AND fiber arts so this is extremely relevant to my little niche

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gosh they’re precious :heart:
Are they angoras? Is that what you mean by yarn balls? Sorry if you’ve mentioned this elsewhere but I get excited about bunnies AND fiber arts so this is extremely relevant to my little niche
Yes, we do fiber too!! So glad to meet another! Do you spin or loom? Needle felting? Wool painting? Do you have buns?

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Yes, we do fiber too!! So glad to meet another! Do you spin or loom? Needle felting? Wool painting? Do you have buns?
We need pictures guys!! I actually wouldn't mind another hobby, what do each of you do?

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
I knit, crochet, and talk myself into buying yarn I don’t need (that’s a fiber art, right??), but I think this is the year I learn to spin yarn. I’m intrigued by how far back in history the drop spindle goes and want to have this skill that feels like a part of human heritage.

As for buns, I had a Rex rabbit when I was a kid and things haven’t lined up to allow me another bunny since then, but I still love to admire them :swoon:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Omg I love them! :starshower1:

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I knit, crochet, and talk myself into buying yarn I don’t need (that’s a fiber art, right??), but I think this is the year I learn to spin yarn. I’m intrigued by how far back in history the drop spindle goes and want to have this skill that feels like a part of human heritage.

As for buns, I had a Rex rabbit when I was a kid and things haven’t lined up to allow me another bunny since then, but I still love to admire them :swoon:
Drop spindle is super easy! It’s my preferred activity on a plane or long transit. Knitting and crochet make my hand arthritis flare up. I am going to experiment with wool yarn on a peg loom this year and see if that’s any easier on my hands. I need socks! Hahaha
I am a big fan of needle felting and wet felting, those are my primary hand crafts. I learned from my grandmother who I’m sure learned from her mother. I much prefer rabbit angora. The halo is sure hard to beat!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
After reading this thread last night I hunted down my needle felting stuff. I've only stabbed myself three times so far!
@Sparkles! What is wet felting?

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
After reading this thread last night I hunted down my needle felting stuff. I've only stabbed myself three times so far!
@Sparkles! What is wet felting?
I still stab myself horribly sometimes! I’ve ruined projects by bleeding into them :shocked3:
Wet felting is just that; using wet felt and creating with it. Instead of using a needle to interlock the fibres, temperature variation by using hot then cold water and friction is used to create a solid form. I like making slippers and pillow cases and hats. And bags. And cat toys for the shelter. Crap! I make a lot of stuff! I’ve heard of people using yarn, working it up in a knit, and then using wet techniques to felt the item~ but I am not great at knitting or crochet because when my hands hurt I turn into a complaint monster.