• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Versele Laga Australian Blend?

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Before I purchase the new bags of Versele Laga Australian blend, has anyone tried it? Is it noticeably different from the original Goldenfeast Australian blend? I have only about a pound left of the original, and those that eat it here are incredibly picky :(

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Not yet, I had just bought 32# of the old one. My supplier tells me it’s a good mix. Let us know what you think about it!

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not yet, I had just bought 32# of the old one. My supplier tells me it’s a good mix. Let us know what you think about it!
I just wonder if I should source out some of what’s left of old stock from any sellers and then mix with the new to help ease my guys into it. Wish I would have bought a large bag recently like you!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It's completely different to the Goldenfeast product of the same name.

Versele Laga:
safflower, buckwheat, paddy rice, yellow millet, wheat, barley, white millet, oats, peeled oats, canary seed, dari, milo, peeled peanuts, pine nuts, striped sunflower seeds, popcorn, puffed wheat, rosehip, maxi V.A.M. pellets, oystershells

Oystershells? Really?

Goldenfeast:
Roasted Cashews, Almonds and Soybeans, Raw Sunflower Kernels, Canary Grass Seed, Japanese Millet, Canola Seed, Flax Seed, White Proso Millet, Golden German Millet, Black Sesame Seed and Natural Sesame Seed, Red Siberian Millet, Blueberries, Niger Seed, Caraway Seed, Hulled Oats, Carrots, Wheat Germ, Papaya, Cranberry Seeds, Cranberries, Pineapple, Cantaloupe Seed, Whole Wheat, Green Cabbage, Lettuce Seed, Wildflower Seed, Chamomile Flowers, Poppy Seed, Ground Anise Seed, Orange Peel, Soy Flour, Bentonite Crumbles, Natural Honey and Cane Molasses, Fennel Seed, Apples, Paprika, Freeze-Dried Sweet Corn and Freeze-Dried Sweet Peas, Parsley, Whole Bee Pollen, Spirulina, Spinach, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Natural Anise and Fruit Flavor Extracts. Does Not Contain Peanuts.

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Just curious if anyone knows why they’re called Australian blend??
Are they mixed and designed for Aussie birds or what is the deal?
Sorry if I sound ignorant- I haven’t seen in our bird stores more than half of the food products I hear about on this forum.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
btw just curious but what happened to goldenfeast, i can't find their pellets and other blends/ products

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
btw just curious but what happened to goldenfeast, i can't find their pellets and other blends/ products
They sold out to Versele Laga. Many of the original products from Goldenfeast have been dropped and will not be made anymore.

Just curious if anyone knows why they’re called Australian blend??
Are they mixed and designed for Aussie birds or what is the deal?
Sorry if I sound ignorant- I haven’t seen in our bird stores more than half of the food products I hear about on this forum.
I think that Versele Laga is trying to keep the current customer base that purchased the Goldenfeast Australian blend. The GF blend was marketed towards small birds originating from your land down under- the budgies, tiels, grasses, etc.

Ugh. I don’t think I even want to spend the money on trying the new blend since it’s *so* different. One of the vet techs said my safe bird store had a generic store mix similar to Goldenfeast, so maybe I try them instead.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Doggone it. Skittles will fire me for sure.

@Shezbug I keep only Australian finches, hence Australian blend for them. Think I’ll pass on the new one though