• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Vasa Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are so adorable! I hope to one day have an aviary like you do, even if it's not even half the size. How long have you had your Vasas? Have you had any difficulty in learning to care for them due to their rarity?

Casa de Vasa

Meeting neighbors
I started a Vasa Group over on fb a couple year back after I acquired my first 2 Vasa to continue to learn as much as I could. I joined the Vasa breeder group as well but found no one wanted to talk to me or give out much info. I met some owners who have had theirs for many years. We were all still learning. I did as much research as possible, read old and new articles, books, and have spoken to both breeders and owners. They are not that hard to care for if given a good sized cage, out of cage time, good variety of healthy food, lots of toys to destroy, and quality owner time. My female is only three and just hitting maturity, loosing her head feathers. My oldest male here is approx 8 yrs. :)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yours are juveniles!!! LOL

We have some middle agers...I have a 21 yo hawkhead not Vasa but still another one hard to get info on,

Status
Not open for further replies.