• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Tucuman Amazon

Dlynjen

Meeting neighbors
Meet Tookie! She's a quiet and sweet 12 year old Tucuman. She makes little squeaks to herself and occasionally says "Hi, watcha doin'?" I know Tucumans are quite uncommon in the bird trade, atleast here in the US. If anyone here has experience with a Tuc or anything helpful to add I'd really appreciate it.

20210918_151922.jpg

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No experience to share, but Wow! She’s a beauty!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Quiet and sweet? Drats, I need to get one of those!

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is gorgous

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
She is beautiful

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
An acquaintance of mine used to raise them, and I've handled a few. They are a smaller amazon, so you don't tend to have the hormonal issues you get with the yellowheads, napes, yellow fronts, and blue fronts. The ones I've known were sweet, excellent flyers, and very busy. I've lamented their disappearance from aviculture for some years now. May I ask where you found her? I love the scalloping on their light green feathers. Also, they're supposed to be dimorphic based on the number of red feathers on their wings, but I can't remember how that goes. You got a great bird!

Dlynjen

Meeting neighbors
An acquaintance of mine used to raise them, and I've handled a few. They are a smaller amazon, so you don't tend to have the hormonal issues you get with the yellowheads, napes, yellow fronts, and blue fronts. The ones I've known were sweet, excellent flyers, and very busy. I've lamented their disappearance from aviculture for some years now. May I ask where you found her? I love the scalloping on their light green feathers. Also, they're supposed to be dimorphic based on the number of red feathers on their wings, but I can't remember how that goes. You got a great bird!
I adopted her from a local rescue here in Ohio. Her previous owners were in their 80s suffering from issues due to their failing health.

She's definitely an odd one. She doesn't play, or make much noise other then when she talks. She will however do anything for grapes.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Lucky you!

derin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Derin
Meet Tookie! She's a quiet and sweet 12 year old Tucuman. She makes little squeaks to herself and occasionally says "Hi, watcha doin'?" I know Tucumans are quite uncommon in the bird trade, atleast here in the US. If anyone here has experience with a Tuc or anything helpful to add I'd really appreciate it.

View attachment 393280
so pretty!