• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

new travel/sleeping cage

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
Leaf has been chewing the paint off of the travel cage that I put him in to sleep. he absolutely refuses to sleep in his big cage. he'll go to the bottom of the cage and scream until I get him out and put him in the smaller cage. so I'm looking on Kings Cages for another travel cage that won't break my bank and I want something that he has enough space so he's not crammed into a small area. I have several prospects and I want to know which one is the best:

King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More

Portable Bird Cages Carrier Cockatiel Parrot Macaws Travel Cages Stainless steel | eBay

https://www.amazon.com/MidWest-Avia...d=1491051943&sr=8-9&keywords=bird+travel+cage

I'm trying not to break the bank and I need something that he can't be picking paint off of. and I can't get him to sleep in the big cage. the screams he does are "I'm scared please save me!" screams. the vet said since he's DNA sexed male there's less of a chance of him becoming aggressive. but I need to help and advice. thanks so so so so so much in advance! I'm not sure which one (or if there's another one out there) that I should get. :hmmm:

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I adore the quality of kings aluminum travel. I know they're expensive but I could smack myself for not getting these 5 years ago when they were on sale. I remember thinking, why spend it?

2 cheap carriers that are .... cheap and rusty and not sturdy later, I've invested.

I'm looking forward to giving showers in sunshine. I know the cages won't fall apart either when I'm packing them around.

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
I adore their quality as well. just the fact that I'm trying not to break the bank is the thing. :sad1:

my budget had to get tighter recently. but I'd be willing to eat pure ramen until my bank account is happy to get him something quality.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I adore their quality as well. just the fact that I'm trying not to break the bank is the thing. :sad1:

my budget had to get tighter recently. but I'd be willing to eat pure ramen until my bank account is happy to get him something quality.
Totally understood.

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
okay! got a ring back from the vet! the cage I'm looking at:

is okay'd as a sleeping cage so I'm going to get this one! it won't break the bank and it'll keep him safe.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
okay! got a ring back from the vet! the cage I'm looking at:

is okay'd as a sleeping cage so I'm going to get this one! it won't break the bank and it'll keep him safe.
You're gonna love it!

I have the medium ones from King's.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
You will love it. Does cost a bit more but will last ages so it's worth it!

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
That stainless steel cage you linked is tiny, don't think it can be decent for the price either. The last one looks ok. I have all the aluminum cages, medium, large and a 25x22 higher cage. Love them all. The colors are beautiful and the cages are very sleek an d very easy to clean. The size medium yo posted has plenty of space for a sleeping cage and is great to use outdoors as well. It is not so easy to carry as a travel cage, kind of heavy. I have one cage in blue, one in red and one in silver, love them all.

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
I ordered his new sleeping cage and it should get here shortly! all of the stuff he's picked off is in the bottom of his cage so I don't think he's ingested any of it (which is a relief) so I'm going to switch him over to it as soon as I can get it in.

Komandr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cristin
I love the King's aluminum travel cage...Maya does so well in it. You'll love it.