• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New toys

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
My babies haven’t gotten into their toys yet so I’m trying to get them to enjoy playing with them. They are eating seeds and pellets now so I hope this promotes them. Wally has become a little nippy when he is all riled up. It’s like a baby testing boundaries but I want him to continue. Trying today, two all time faves. The bird kabob which I hope curbs Wally’s want to nip and the Sola balls that I’ve spent 20 minutes stuffing with their pellets and seeds. Hope they like it! They already have a swing, foot toys, shredding toys, wood toys, different perches, etc. I’m holding off on 2 Planet pleasures woven palm leaf toys. What are your small birds’ favorite toys? Pictures would be helpful too

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My specialty is small birds :) Balsa, sola, mahogany pods, cork, yucca, and paper all seem to be popular with most of my lovebird customers, except for one who is a wood fiend and prefers craft sticks, pine, etc that he can rip into strips (as opposed to the chipping that a lot of smaller birds usually prefer).

This is a page of some of the toys I recommend for birds starting with toys. Hopefully it gives you some ideas! New to Toys?

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
My specialty is small birds :) Balsa, sola, mahogany pods, cork, yucca, and paper all seem to be popular with most of my lovebird customers, except for one who is a wood fiend and prefers craft sticks, pine, etc that he can rip into strips (as opposed to the chipping that a lot of smaller birds usually prefer).

This is a page of some of the toys I recommend for birds starting with toys. Hopefully it gives you some ideas! New to Toys?
Awesome, will check that out and look into all your birdies faves. Took a lot of explaining but the babies seem to understand that the sola is chock full of food, pellets and 1 crushed nutriberry. They got chop with a sprinkle of pellets and seeds in the AM, and I took away their free pellets. Their sola ball is holding a similar quantity of food as the free pellets that is left there all day. Hopefully, this starts up their instincts to forage. Thanks!!

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol

Oooh love this. Wish I saw this before I bought from Amazon. Next time, which I feel like is going to be sooner than later :hilarious:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
before I bought from Amazon
Check that you bought branded toys. Some of the unbranded stuff can be dangerous junk from China (bad bells, weird woods, painted items etc). You can get some PP, SBC, Ceitec etc which are good, but the other stuff is a buyer beware situation for sure! Maybe post some pictures here and we can tell you if they look ok or not. I have bought toys online before, even from petshops, and not liked what came, or they weren´t appropriate.

Balsa, sola, mahogany pods, cork, yucca, and paper all seem to be popular with most of my lovebird customers
Those are all definitely faves in our house :) edit; sola is not quite a fave for us, though it is a new one as it has only just become available to buy here, that i am aware of. i bought sola chips, i still have never found sola balls here.
Popsicle sticks, vine balls and dried leaf (banana or palm) too. And another thing my birds LOVE are natural cork perches.. I think they are up there in the top spot of faves.

I dont know where in the world you are, but if you are in the USA I would recommend a Bongo box from Shawna. She will personalise a toy box according to your birds likes and dislikes, obviously you can start with a small selection to see what works, and then next time you can adapt the box according to what were hits. If I were in the US, that´s what I would have, a reccuring monthly box.

Keep in mind, while your birds are still young, it might take a few times to pique their interest in a certain toy, colour or material, so something that is cast aside, re-try it later down the road, or try moving it somewhere else.

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Some of the unbranded stuff can be dangerous junk from China (bad bells, weird woods, painted items etc). You can get some PP, SBC, Ceitec etc which are good, but the other stuff is a buyer beware situation for sure!
I’ve worried about that too. Next month, I’m going to try to order stuff from AA vendors. I’ll have to look into all your faves.
I dont know where in the world you are, but if you are in the USA
I’m in NY
I would recommend a Bongo box from Shawna. She will personalise a toy box according to your birds likes and dislikes, obviously you can start with a small selection to see what works, and then next time you can adapt the box according to what were hits
That sounds cool, I will check them out, as soon as I see what they like besides food, each other, their mom and dad haha. That’s cool, a monthly subscription, we might have to do that quietly without my hubby knowing haha

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol

Is this your company? I’m going to place an order this week for some different toys. Such cute stuff!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Is this your company? I’m going to place an order this week for some different toys. Such cute stuff!
Yes this is my company :)

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski

Ive boughten many a toy from you. Specially balsa dinosaurs for my Patti. She loved those! Definitely recommend your toys and I highly recommend seriouslynutz toys to. You guys are awesome toy makers and well worth it :)