• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

new to this site, looking for info on Delorce's bird barn

Audreym

Moving in
Real Name
Audrey Musso
I am looking for any information on Delorce's bird barn and Delorce Bennett of Awendaw SC. She befriended me last April 2020, in September she took 9 of my exotic birds. I am currently awaiting a court date with her. However, she hides behind her so called faith. I can't seem to find a whole lot on her, I know she has sold a lot of sick birds and I know she has done many other people dirty. I have been beside myself sick over my missing birds. She has denied having them, but about 3 weeks ago I went to a friend of hers house where I was told she took two of my birds, the woman that lives their did state in front of the police officer that Delorce came and picked them back up. That was a major break for me as this woman acknowledged that Delorce did indeed take them. Please any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I wish you all the luck getting your birds back. Have you looked at her Facebook page? I know her bird barn burned down a while back and I'm not sure if she still breeds birds. You need to be armed with photos of your birds and even post on Craigslist around the Charleston and Myrtle Beach area with photos of your birds. I wouldn't put it past her to either use your birds as breeders or sell them. I would ask that woman to attend your court hearing with any documents she has.. pay her if you have to. What species of birds did you give her? Awendaw is about an hour and a half from me ... maybe a little longer.

Sparkles99

Rollerblading along the road
I'm very sorry to hear this. How did she allegedly get your birds to begin with? When is your court date? Are you documenting everything - e-mails, agreements, online posts, etc. - literally everything?

I have a coworker who was ill. She paid a petsitter to watch her cat in his house. After her recovery, he declared she wasn't yet recovered & was keeping the cat 'for the cat's sake'. She had to go to court to get the cat back. & cats aren't worth a fraction of the money most birds are.

Audreym

Moving in
Real Name
Audrey Musso
I wish you all the luck getting your birds back. Have you looked at her Facebook page? I know her bird barn burned down a while back and I'm not sure if she still breeds birds. You need to be armed with photos of your birds and even post on Craigslist around the Charleston and Myrtle Beach area with photos of your birds. I wouldn't put it past her to either use your birds as breeders or sell them. I would ask that woman to attend your court hearing with any documents she has.. pay her if you have to. What species of birds did you give her? Awendaw is about an hour and a half from me ... maybe a little longer.

Yes I have posted on Craigslist in the Charleston area and included pictures of my birds in that posting as well. Delorce has a tendency to take what ever she wants. She feels that she is entitled. That is why I am looking to people screwed over by her, or have purchased sick birds or any other issuses.

Audreym

Moving in
Real Name
Audrey Musso
I am documenting everything, I know there are people she has done dirty. I AM looking to find those people. People need to stop being afraid of this woman. I am not the only person filing legal complaints against her.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I am documenting everything, I know there are people she has done dirty. I AM looking to find those people. People need to stop being afraid of this woman. I am not the only person filing legal complaints against her.
I have only met her in person one time back in the mid 90's. I knew a few breeders who went to bird fairs and knew nothing about bird fairs so I went once in Charleston. I saw a woman walking around with a Major Mitchell on her arm and walked up to her to see the bird. She wasn't very friendly. I mentioned it to someone I knew there and she told me everybody called her "Crazy Delorce". She didn't elaborate as to why. It's been so many years since I've had any contact with breeders to even ask about her or even have any saved numbers. What was the reason you put nine of your birds in her care?

Audreym

Moving in
Real Name
Audrey Musso
She befriended me under the rouse that she needed someone to care for her birds when she passes as she had no one. At 80 years old that sounded pretty legit. I moved there to help her out only to find that she was the one helping herself. At 80 I never figured one could be so evil. Now I know why they call her "Crazy Delorce" but I would like to find someone that can elaborate on that. If anyone needs to know about her you can find my case and all the other cases Delorc'e has been involved in at The court of common pleas, Charleston County SC and insert a search for Delorce Bennett

Blueberry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lulu
How did this woman come to posses your birds?
You posted on Craigslist and two birds where at another woman’s house and Delores came and picked up those birds and told you she didn’t? And then she was able to take 7 of your other birdS?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
She befriended me under the rouse that she needed someone to care for her birds when she passes as she had no one. At 80 years old that sounded pretty legit. I moved there to help her out only to find that she was the one helping herself. At 80 I never figured one could be so evil. Now I know why they call her "Crazy Delorce" but I would like to find someone that can elaborate on that. If anyone needs to know about her you can find my case and all the other cases Delorc'e has been involved in at The court of common pleas, Charleston County SC and insert a search for Delorce Bennett
How many birds does she still have on her property? Did she rebuild the barn and is she still raising birds? Does she ever buy babies from other people to sell?

Audreym

Moving in
Real Name
Audrey Musso
How many birds does she still have on her property? Did she rebuild the barn and is she still raising birds? Does she ever buy babies from other people to sell?
She has 200+ breeder birds on her property, she still sells babies and she buys babies for resale. There are multiple allegations with evidence that she sells sick birds, so one needs to do their homework before buying a bird from her.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
She has 200+ breeder birds on her property, she still sells babies and she buys babies for resale. There are multiple allegations with evidence that she sells sick birds, so one needs to do their homework before buying a bird from her.
That's quite a few birds for one older lady to take care of. Does she have volunteers who help her? If so, they may be a source to talk to if they are willing. Surely she's piffed off a few people in many years. I can't see how she could afford to vet that many either... speaking of which... there was a time when she was heading into the vet I was talking to about another lady who had bought some baby hahns and quakers to hand feed and re-sell... this other lady told me ( her - not Delorce) when the third baby died she took them to Clemson for testing ( Polyoma) and it was positive. Delorce had also called the vet and was bringing babies in that may have had polyoma as well.

Audreym

Moving in
Real Name
Audrey Musso

Thank you for your help. She is shady as shizz and as back stabbing as they come. She is working hand in hand with her vet who sees the birds then she knows which ones are good and goes for them. I have proof she is moving my birds around. She hid 2 in green sea sc at her friend candase wades place. She went and got them b4vi showed up. This is documented bY Horry city pd

Sparkles99

I'm really sorry you're experiencing this. I'd not be sleeping at night if my pets were stolen.

Audreym

Moving in
Real Name
Audrey Musso
That's quite a few birds for one older lady to take care of. Does she have volunteers who help her? If so, they may be a source to talk to if they are willing. Surely she's piffed off a few people in many years. I can't see how she could afford to vet that many either... speaking of which... there was a time when she was heading into the vet I was talking to about another lady who had bought some baby hahns and quakers to hand feed and re-sell... this other lady told me ( her - not Delorce) when the third baby died she took them to Clemson for testing ( Polyoma) and it was positive. Delorce had also called the vet and was bringing babies in that may have had polyoma as well.
Delorce did have polyoma virus in her home that she told me about. Delorce does and has sold sick birds with beak and feather disease

Audreym

Moving in
Real Name
Audrey Musso
I don’t think we’re ever going to get an answer to this question.

Something just doesn’t sound kosher here.
If you read back through this thread I did answer how she came to aquire my birds. This woman preys upon and befriends people when she finds they have birds she wants for her breeding business. Delorce is sly, manipulative and deceitful. She has been at this a very long time. Trust me I am not the only person she has ever ripped off.

Sparkles99

Sorry, but I still don't really understand how she got your birds. Did she go to your home & take them? Offer to board them while you were on vacation & not return them? Were you roommates & she took all the pets? Something else? If they lived with you it makes no sense that she'd have them.

It's okay if you don't want to say, but reading this thread one does wonder. Though I don't understand, I am sorry your pets are gone. :(