• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New to parrotlets

Healyx5

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Wendy Healy
I have had my boy Scooter for about a month. Everyday is an adventure and he makes us laugh regularly. We are building trust daily, he will let me get him out of his cage but he quickly wants to fly to his favorite hanging basket. Some days he will let me hold him other days not so much.

Attachments

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Soooo cute, I like his hat. He seems to be more focused with it on, i wish we hats like that, I have one suggestion though: bells are dangerous if trying to mess with the little thing in the inside, otherwise they are okay, I don't seey but birds doing it so I let the bells be
( I bet your so happy with that birdie! Seems your doing great with scooter and putting effort into him)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Wendy and Scooter!! 1.welcome signs.gif

Gabby22

Meeting neighbors
Hello and welcome! Scooter is adorable! :bpletm: Boy, he sure does love his bells, and how! Your pics are so stinkn' cute - I just love them! :loveshower: My parrotlet is my first bird, too and I had no idea when I got her that you could have such a bond with a bird. It is amazing! They really steal your heart. Scooter is going to be surprising you all the time with all the wonderful things he can do and will continue to make you laugh. Mine makes me laugh every day. How old is Scooter? Have you tried teaching him to step up on your finger?

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
Welcome!! Scooter is adorable I just want to script him his little head!
bells are dangerous if trying to mess with the little thing in the inside,
I would like to add to this be careful. My girl snapped the dangle thing right off and thankfully it landed under the grate lol.
If you have any questions please ask we’re all here to help.
boo is my first parrotlet also and boy are they something! :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
We should not have chains or loop toys in the cage as little birds can get caught.

@finchly has good knowledge of your bird species.

Gigibirds

Welcome to the avenue!

Scooter looks like such a darling!! I LOVE his hat :roflmao:
As you will soon find out (if you haven't already) Parrotlets are very sassy, have a huge attitude and very strong opinions, but they are also the sweetest, most cuddly darlings in the world. Congratulations! :cngrt5:P'lets are absolutely amazing! (I have one female p'let and I love her to bits)

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welcome2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Scooter is adorable! (I have a Scooter also but he's a tiel. : )) I fostered a parrotlet for awhile so my experience is limited but he was definitely a fun bird. One thing that he loved was a little plastic whiffle type ball with a bell inside it that he loved to toss around his cage. He wasn't cuddly but would sit on me for awhile before flying off to explore. He was too energetic to want to just sit on me for long periods of time unlike some of my other birds.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
He’s cute! Give him an abundance of toys, soft small wood to chew, mats to shred, etc. they love to stay busy.

The picture with the bell hat is sooo cute, unfortunately my vet says remove all bells from bird cages.

Healyx5

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Wendy Healy
Thanks everyone… his disco ball/bell is never left in his cage. He likes to massage his head with the bell and it’s his special treat before bedtime, and he is supervised for the 10 minutes it’s in his cage :)