• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New tiel's gonna be here any minute now!!!

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Jeeesus. D: I think I'll stick to breeding my bugs. Getting more mealworms than I know what to do with doesn't sound half as bad anymore!
I’m supposed to be doing that for my sugar gliders, but I am so eeked out by the beetles and to a lesser extent the worms :gag: :scared5:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I would love a giant snail!
When I was younger I really wanted a giant African snail! :xflove:

Is it bad that I got a little suspicious when their First response to my question was to offer to take him back?
This ¨breeder¨ is no use at all. You would be better off just cutting ties and moving on. People like that will only cause you frustration.

How is Gabriels injuries today? Hopefully they will heal soon if they were only superficial. Whistling back to Mimi is a good sign :) I hope they become best friends! :fairy2:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I’m supposed to be doing that for my sugar gliders, but I am so eeked out by the beetles and to a lesser extent the worms :gag: :scared5:
I think the beetles are kinda cute, personally. .n. You don't really have to see them, though. Just give them egg cartons and toilet paper rolls to hide in. The beetles really love dark spaces and usually only come out for food or to lay eggs. They also hate bright lights and run into the cartons/tubes when you shine a light on them.

When I was younger I really wanted a giant African snail! :xflove:

This ¨breeder¨ is no use at all. You would be better off just cutting ties and moving on. People like that will only cause you frustration.

How is Gabriels injuries today? Hopefully they will heal soon if they were only superficial. Whistling back to Mimi is a good sign :) I hope they become best friends! :fairy2:
You're probably right. :| I just wanted to know whether he was dna tested or not. I was kinda caught off guard TBH. She was kinda rude/aggressive when I asked and treated me like I knew nothing about them.

He's doing much better today. :) I got to touch his head just a tiny bit and checked his cheek. It seems to be healing up nicely. Just went to his quarantine room to check on him, and he's sitting there, grinding his beak and listening to the other birds.

Ngl though, I still want a giant land snail too. But you have to get a permit to have them here, despite the harsh winter climate here. :( So many cool insects and mollusks are illegal here. I'd love a dubia or hissing cockroach colony...

Last edited:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That´s great that he´s settling in well :)

Interesting, a license for a snail sounds bizarre

Garet

Real Name
Garet
That´s great that he´s settling in well :)

Interesting, a license for a snail sounds bizarre
And they charge a fee, of course. :meh: It's strange, I can get as many aquatic snails as I want without a permit or a fee, but land snails are fiercely regulated. We're on a primarily non-agricultural island surrounded by water. You'd think the aquatics who can potentially survive in and populate our water systems would be a bigger concern.... Or the invasive honeybee, but they're protected under law.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
And he's terrified of a slice of banana! :( I have never seen a bird bolt that fast.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh dear :(

Maybe dice it?

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Oh dear :(

Maybe dice it?
I tried. :( Brought him some celery stalk./carrot/apple chop I made for everyone else and he was petrified.

On the plus side, he and Mims are still calling for each other. :( I'm going to have to wait a few days for his lab results at the very least.

But once I do.... :swoon: She's been quiet and withdrawn for weeks before I picked him up. I'd only hear her voice when she screamed in pain from plucking herself, and she'd just sulk in a dark corner. Now she's flying around, calling, and looking around for her new buddy. She's even eating chop and exploring the celery leaves.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I tried. :( Brought him some celery stalk./carrot/apple chop I made for everyone else and he was petrified.

On the plus side, he and Mims are still calling for each other. :( I'm going to have to wait a few days for his lab results at the very least.

But once I do.... :swoon: She's been quiet and withdrawn for weeks before I picked him up. I'd only hear her voice when she screamed in pain from plucking herself, and she'd just sulk in a dark corner. Now she's flying around, calling, and looking around for her new buddy. She's even eating chop and exploring the celery leaves.
Oh wow that must be so relieving to see. Hearing her scream in pain from plucking herself is the stuff of nightmares :((
Bless her she's checking the water dishes for friend.
Adorable.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Now she's flying around, calling, and looking around for her new buddy. She's even eating chop and exploring the celery leaves.
Bless her she's checking the water dishes for friend.
That´s great! I can´t wait until quarantine is over and she can finally meet the new guy :) ❤

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Oh wow that must be so relieving to see. Hearing her scream in pain from plucking herself is the stuff of nightmares :(

Adorable.
It really is. She might be a grouch, but she's MY grouch. All grouches deserve a happy life!

That´s great! I can´t wait until quarantine is over and she can finally meet the new guy :) ❤
Me too!! They both deserve to be happy! I'm hoping that she'll help him try new foods and heal.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Yay.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Yasssssss!! He's warming up so quickly. <3 Question: is he out of his cage most of the day?
I've been trying to coax him out. My brother's room is bird-safe, if a little bare. But he doesn't really want to come out just yet. I think he's still pretty spooked about the new scenery.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I've been trying to coax him out. My brother's room is bird-safe, if a little bare. But he doesn't really want to come out just yet. I think he's still pretty spooked about the new scenery.
Right, hopefully he settles down soon. I'm always worried about letting new, still scared birds out just because the process of getting them back could get really stressful for them? How do you go about that?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm always worried about letting new, still scared birds out just because the process of getting them back could get really stressful for them? How do you go about that?
Usually if the bird is really scared, they simply won´t come out of the cage at all.
When they eventually do venture out, they will always return sooner or later :) (Just don´t open their door if you don´t have the time to wait it out in case they don´t want to go back inside)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's very lucky to have you. :)