• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Rescue Coming Today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I have a new rescue bird coming today. He's a 14 year old Regent Parrot named Papaya. He is supposed to be a nice bird, his owner passed away and her husband isn't into the birds. I will post pictures after he gets here.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
looking forward to pics Vickie, know he will be in a good place with you

M

M.C Bird Rescue

YAY Vicki! You are doing this bird a great service, he is lucky to be coming to you!

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
Rock Pebblers! Wow, didn't know there were many around in the states

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen one of those. I look forward to your pictures! I hope Papaya adjusts okay.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
YAY Vicki! You are doing this bird a great service, he is lucky to be coming to you!

Thanks Crystal. I only do smaller birds/parrots and only like 1 to 4 (at the most) at a time. I give you so much credit for the number of large parrots you take in. I can't imagine. I can help but on a much smaller scale:o:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Oh! I can't wait to see pics! They are beautiful birds and i was interested in them a while ago.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hi there,

Sorry, no pictures yet, he is still settling in. He is very beautiful. He came with a nice, big great cage. He is about 15 years old. She said he will bite, they don't handle him. He seems like he is settling in ok.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Thanks Crystal. I only do smaller birds/parrots and only like 1 to 4 (at the most) at a time. I give you so much credit for the number of large parrots you take in. I can't imagine. I can help but on a much smaller scale:o:
Thats awesome Vicki. Can't wait to see the pics

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
The poor thing - he's grieving and now has to adjust to a new home - you are an angel for being there for him!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor baby. I'm so glad you could give him a nice home. Can't wait till he settles so we can see photos!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Still no pictures yet, but Papaya is doing very well. He is fearful of hands and will bite if handled so we are just going to be doing some desensitizing to hands for a while:) But, he did eat scrambled eggs from my hand, and a popcorn nutriberry from my hand, so that was really good. He also went down checked out and sampled the dish of fresh food which he is not used to eating. Yay Papaya!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
bless you for taking him in

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Still no pictures yet, but Papaya is doing very well. He is fearful of hands and will bite if handled so we are just going to be doing some desensitizing to hands for a while:) But, he did eat scrambled eggs from my hand, and a popcorn nutriberry from my hand, so that was really good. He also went down checked out and sampled the dish of fresh food which he is not used to eating. Yay Papaya!
YAY is right!!!
You have such a great heart!!
Poor birdie, to lose an owner like that is hard :(

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Papaya is so blessed to have you. What a wonderful thing you are doing. Poor sweetie, grieving for his previous owner. Wishing you both the best. Can't wait til he is all settled in and we can see pictures. I don't believe I've ever seen one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.