• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New puppy meets Jabberwocky & the budgies

Pensfan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Timothy
We are moving today so the bird's cage is on the floor temporarily. They have met under a controlled environment already and Jabber sang his heart out to Alice. Everytime Jabber sees her he just wants to be best friends. She is really curious about all the birds and doesn't really know what to do about them haha

Get it? Alice in Wonderland... Jabberwocky... lolol
/Cringe worthy dad joke

Attachments

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is that puppy a brittany? Very cute regardless! Please post more puppy & bird pics. :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
She’s so cute!

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Oh my goodness your puppy is too precious!!! I was also guessing a Cavalier King Charles....but I love her either way!!! :heart:

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would say to not let the puppy near the birds unattended and to move the cage back to a high position it can make them feel very vulnerable being on ground especially with a predator, no matter how well behaved ur predator pets may be around ur prey pets accidents still happen @Mizzely @Zara

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
We are moving today so the bird's cage is on the floor temporarily. They have met under a controlled environment already and Jabber sang his heart out to Alice. Everytime Jabber sees her he just wants to be best friends. She is really curious about all the birds and doesn't really know what to do about them haha

Get it? Alice in Wonderland... Jabberwocky... lolol
/Cringe worthy dad joke
The cage Is a bird palace

Pensfan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Timothy
Yeah the cage was on the ground for an hour or so during moving yesterday. It is back on top off their stand in front of a huge window overlooking the yard and trees. :D

And you guys nailed it! She is a 12 week old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She is so damn cute, just working on house breaking now lol

Thank you on the cage comment. We have a second one, slightly smaller with the top that opens up, setup as well in the living room until it cools enough to use the outdoor aviary again. They are all fully flighted and have about 30' x 20' feet of flight area

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
So cute! Also, the cage is wonderful! What model is it?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Edited to add: Ever since she saw the birds perch on my chest and shoulders, Alice keeps trying to perch on my shoulder and sleeps on the top of the couch haha
She looks like my girl i lost last year her name was Pepper i also lost her sister Missy three months later( i think loosing her sister broke her heart ) they where from the same litter and Pepper was in the breeders words the runt of the litter she was such a lively and crazy dog and a massive part of my life for the 12 years we where together.

sorry for rambling but seeing Alice made me think of Pepper she is a lovely girl and i am sure you will have so much fun with her

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There’s a CKCS in one of my hunt groups. They really are true spaniels! I don’t know why but I always thought them rather prim and prissy. Nope. They like birds as much as any spaniel I’ve seen. Deep undercarriage brush is hard on them, but they’ll hunt dawn to dusk like any big dog.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
My mother in law has always wanted one of those dogs

They're not very common where we live!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There’s a CKCS in one of my hunt groups. They really are true spaniels! I don’t know why but I always thought them rather prim and prissy. Nope. They like birds as much as any spaniel I’ve seen. Deep undercarriage brush is hard on them, but they’ll hunt dawn to dusk like any big dog.
My babies where prim and prissy but they didnt like birds would chase them like there was no tomorrow

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry to hear about your puppies. :(
Thanks they werent puppies we enjoyed 12 years with them both miss them still however reflect on all the good times we had together and i have no regrets

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
I used to have a CKCS as well... Definitely one of the sweetest dogs out there! Unfortunately, mine had heart issues, and so he only lived a few years. Hopefully, your pup will remain fit and healthy for the entirety of her life! She's adorable! :D