• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New problem

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
For the last 3 nights when I go to open any post I get what looks like a PDF page with only the first post in the thread. So strange.

using iPad Pro. Have not changed any settings. It was not doing this last week.

what is really strange I don’t have this issue in the game I play posting 5 letter words. Example below

Finchly left a post in the below cacti post but I can’t read it. All I get is what you see.

Last edited:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well one of the first things you do no matter what kind of system you have is try restarting it and see if that resets it back to working properly. Sometimes you actually have to completely shut it down for a bit and restart it to square things away. Don't have any Apple products but it usually works with mt Android tablet and windows pc when things stop working right. If you've already done all that you might want to hit a dedicated Apple forum for the device you have and see if anyone has fixed the same problem already. Hopefully a user here has some good ideas that uses your type of setup.

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I can post to this thread. I usually start tinkering when something isn’t working right on my iPad. I’d close all tabs, delete browsing history and clear cookies, make sure cookies are enabled for this site while you’re in settings, fully close safari. Make sure you’re running up to date software, close out of everything and restart the iPad, then reopen AA and try again.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Testing: Chrome on android mobile phone

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Normally the posting box is visible without hitting any other place. I had to hit on Post Reply to get this box to post into. I am just not going to worry any more. Thanks all that tried to help.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I usually start tinkering when something isn’t working right on my iPad. I’d close all tabs, delete browsing history and clear cookies, make sure cookies are enabled for this site while you’re in settings, fully close safari. Make sure you’re running up to date software, close out of everything and restart the iPad, then reopen AA and try again.

I do those things every night before going to bed. It is a new iPad so all is up to date. Thanks for helping out, I appreciate that. It seems the problem was only with the cacti post. The iPad has a brain of its own and I fear sometimes I do not agree with what is happening.