• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New precious baby! Gender and color mutation ID wanted, with pics

Fickle

Strolling the yard
Hello! I've been reading the forums as a non member for a week or so, enjoying so much great info here!! Weve had budgies and cockatiels before over the decades, and its been quite a while since we've had either. We have a nearly 10 year old male canary we've had since he was a baby, so now that we've just moved into our new custom designed retirement home before Christmas, and I am now retired, Ive been just craving getting a bird or two, (or 3 or 4.) lmbo. So we brought Fickle home today, we also have a male baby budgie reserved that will come home in a few weeks, and also reserved one (maybe two?) Cockatiels also ..... that are all being hand fed handraised together right now with a breeder.

I saw an ad for a bunch of gorgeous budgies this week, and got excited to see some babies I absolutely loved the color of .... so we went to visit this afternoon, and it was all I could do to only choose one. But I wanted some one on one time to settle her in and work on handtaming her before the other birds arrive in a few weeks. haha

So this wee bit of heaven is our new baby (female we think?) we've named Fickle!! Well husband chose her name from a list I compiled, I happen to think she is quite a Diva cossed with a smidgeon of firecracker myself lmbo!!! So we'd just like to know if we can be sure if she is a girl or not. Doesn't really matter to us we'd just like to know what to expect (egg laying?). lol

We'd also like to know what her colour mutation is called! Thanks in advance for any info, we are already smitten by this precious wee creature, we were told she is about 4 months old. She settled right in, very calm and curious, chattering away and discovering every inch of her cage and toys etc., and had no trouble or anxiety about sitting on my hand for quite a while to take lots of gotcha day pics. I have yet to figure out how to add her pic as my avatar etc but will hopefully figure that out! :xflove:

Attachments

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Colour wise I'd say Sky blue greywing or Dilute (I can't really distinguish the difference sorry)
And I think possibly girl too.
@Lori D Pert

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Aw!! What a pretty little thing!

Hello and welcome! :hello1:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
:facepalm: Dont mind me, I replied quite early this morning!
:welcomeavenue:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Fickle is gorgeous! Do you have any other photos of the cere, preferably in natural light?

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
I’d say female they are very pretty!

Fickle

Strolling the yard
Yes, I think I'm going to agree although in the second set of photos I questioned it a bit. I see bluish in the first photos though so we'll go with a little lady. Would like another photo in a few weeks though...lol. 4 Months seems about right.
Thanks so much I’ll definitely be posting more pics of her. :swoon: