• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New pics of the chickies and final tally

Status
Not open for further replies.

wezl

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Carla Rae

I put everyone out together to clean their messes.

The new ones are the SL Polish and the silkie. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, CoCo and Bloo
While I hope they're all hens, the dark browns and the tan are Alvin, Simon, and Theodore (Easter eggers) Alvin attacks me every time I put my hand in. She flies at me, pecking and scratching! She may end up in a stew pot first! We'll see. she may end up being the best of the lot! Theodore (tan) is my fave. Sweet, smart, always the first to check things out.
Now the comets: Malibu, Daytona, Waikiki, and Panama. They're beaches. LOL!
That leaves the black Polish/silkie mix yet-to-be named. I hope the kid can come up with a good one. That's a cute chickie!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
The little black one in the third pic just cracks me up. :heart:

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are very cute!

Matt

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are adorable! I used to breed silkies! They are so soft.

Aleu

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
ahhh! They're SO cute! I love the one that's rockin' the snow-pants. lol

The little black one in the third pic just cracks me up. :heart:
lol my thoughts exactly. what a character.

wezl

Real Name
Carla Rae
I just finished playing with them and putting them to bed. I've always wanted a silkie and was thrilled when Bloo was offered to me! There are several places around here that have them, but I felt funny driving up to an hour away without my hubby along. His schedule has been horrible lately.
The little black one still doesn't have a name! She's half silkie and half silver laced Polish. She has 5 toes on each foot. It looks so odd! That top-notch is why I had to get her! They had another that was tiny and really sweet that they wanted me to take. But I couldn't resist this one! They also wanted me to take the other silkie, as she was a pet too, but Bloo was the first to come investigate. I also hope that if they don't find homes for the rest, then they'll be able to keep their faves. The two kids play with them all the time, so they were all really sweet.
The black one is almost a week older than my first babies, but is so small from the silkie side. I was glad I didn't get the smaller one.
I think I may have to order some chicken diapers ( index )especially if I end up with a roo I'm overly fond of!
LOL! I guess they're similar to flight suits?

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I love chickens!!

Truly in love with the white one with feathers on her legggies.

How bouts the name "Five, or Fiver" as the name for Blackie the 5 toed birdie?

Although I love Blackie as a name. :D

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
awww, they are just so adorable!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
they are darling and :omg: you have a SallieSilkie!! :heart:

we have a Silkie that our oldest granddaughter gave to PawPaw for his birthday 4 years ago - she literally has no toes :( but you would never know it!

I think they are adorable, we just got another one just before Easter :)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
GG can you post pics of yours in a new thread so I don't miss it??

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
good idea :) I need to take some pics first ;)

Last edited:

wezl

Real Name
Carla Rae
gg, I'm glad she got a good home with you! What happened to her toes? When you start your thread, can I link it?
I've loved silkies for many years, but didn't think of ever actually getting one, LOL! A few years ago I started thinking about getting meat rabbits and quail. Now, I'm actually closer to a city, but other people have backyard chickens in our area. So I'm been researching them for awhile.
I uploaded a better pic of Coco, the silver-laced Polish. I think they are such a cool breed!

And a bunch are up on my flickr now.

wezl

Real Name
Carla Rae
DH just came and got me because one of the chickies was perched on the edge of the brooder (I did ask him why he didn't put it back. He said he thought I'd like to see it. That's what happens whenever I get snippy to him!) It's a good thing I checked. I was sure I'd see Coco or Bloo. Nope! It was Alvin! She was looking around outside the box, then decided it was too boring and jumped back in with the rest! That bird is just so weird. Last night, after she attacked me several times, I picked her up and put her on her back in my hand. She was so mad, but couldn't do anything about it. I held and petted her for several minutes. She didn't attack me this morning! Here's a pic from the other day (yesterday?)

She was flying back and forth! One of the Beaches was watching then tried to do it too. She couldn't get up to the top like Alvin.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Alvin the investigator!

Loving that white feathered leg chicken.

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
awwww they are soooo gorgeous!!!

wezl

Real Name
Carla Rae
Alvin the investigator!

Loving that white feathered leg chicken.
That's a good! She's definitely not shy!

I guess I should say, the white one is the silkie. They all have those great feathers and stay fluffy. They also are bantams, which mean they stay small. They come in several colors. I'd love to have a blue, maybe next year! The first time I remember seeing them and holding one was at a fair type deal. "The Chicken Man" had several and did a little show with them. When you walked up, he would put one on your head! It just sat there! I've wanted one ever since!
The large black and white (silver-laced Polish) will perch on your hand like a parrot. The kids that had her were working on teaching her to stay on their shoulders!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Coco is gorgeous!! I have seen the black and the yellow silkies, but not a blue, will have to go look that up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.