• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Pellet from Zupreem

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Have you tried the Higgins In Tune? Elvis came to me eating Zupreem Fruit and he switched over to In Tune without any issues.

Yes, I have :( I knew there was one I was forgetting! @AkasyaEllric sent me some to try and it has been totally snubbed.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Im very interested do we order this online?

I'm not sure if it's available yet, I just saw it on their website. They are pretty fast feeling back to you though if you email them or send them a Facebook message!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
This really just illustrates why so many of us say "The best pellet is the pellet they'll eat."
...this is the basic truth.

I want to jump into this discussion carefully...we feed our birds fruity Zupreem (along with fresh veggies, fruit, pasta, etc)...and have for years...we also seem to have good results...our birds regularly live longer lives...26 years for tiels and IRNs...and budgies into their mid teens.

I'm not giving all the credit for that to feeding pellets...but I feel it's a contributing factor to living longer.

We'll probably try the unfortunately named new type of pellet when and if they become available here..and our first "guinea pig" will be Buddy...she'll eat ANYTHING that's put in front of her...;)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Surprised about the Intune as its a real fruit & natural dye blen with sugar. I guess Zupreem may have more sugar?
Gosh fruity pebbles...

I wish they would start with the % of sugar on these pellets.

I have not bought upreem in a long time. Might have got the fruit Z for Rio when I first got him as I think he was eating that but he also likes the Intune & the Intune is more natural least in the dyes & has real fruit. Not sure how much sugar they both have but would be interested...

I have had them munch of the Hagen Hari tropican pellets...Petco had them on sale unde r$$8 so I tried them.

I've tried all the rest too...Penny will crunch on an Cat oven bite after her baths.

I have Harrisons. Roudybush, Tops, Genobles, Tropican, Intune &most recently Browns Tropical Carnival. which is a fruity pellet blend sort of like small lucky charms!!!

They will eat a few bites of that & it does not look bad...certainly no worse than Zup Fruity..

I'm really interested in the Hari Hagen Alternative formu
la based more on rice...Not offered by many places...

While this is not a pellet it has the Hari Hagen topican seed sticks in it & some nice looking shellless
nuts, seeds & fruit...

Don't think grains seeds nuts & fruits are bad & not a believer in 100% pellet but I do agree it has vitamins etc so it helps maintain the diet...

Anyone try it
https://www.chewy.com/hari-tropimix-enrichment-large-parrot/dp/169443