• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Pak-o-Bird

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
So I splurged on a Pak-O-Bird when I saw Celltei was having 10% off promotion during Christmas and I was very impressed with the quality so I just wanted share some pictures and thoughts in case anyone else is considering a Pak-O-Bird. I do highly recommend it!

I got the Double Pak-O-Bird in the small size. It comes with a removable divider for separating your birds if needed
20230115_182313.jpg

Pico seemed to think I was going to take him out so he was so excited to get in the bag (he's already used to the Birdie GoGo).
20230112_184118.jpg 20230115_183019.jpg 20230115_183114.jpg 20230115_183156.jpg

Without the divider 20230115_183233.jpg

Divider
20230115_183425.jpg

Covered up 20230115_183541.jpg

I felt bad I wasn't able to bring Pico out in the new bag (still too chilly for walks) but at least he seemed to enjoy "helping" me out with the instructions lol 20230112_191242.jpg

All and all I'm very happy with the Pak-O-Bird. It was pretty pricey but I think it will last for a long time and well worth the investment. I actually like it more than my Birdie Gogo (which is more lightweight and better for short walks or trips) but the Pak-o-Bird is definitely sturdier and better for longer car trips. I also like all the extra covers and shoulder strap option it offers.

I forgot to get the Birdie GoGo out of storage for comparison but here's Pico in his GoGo in case anyone was curious

20220801_081449.jpg

Attachments

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Looks like he loves it

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I saw someone else post about these, these things are NUTS! They look amazing!

Unfortunately I don’t think I could ever swing (or justify) the price, but maaaaan. Those are incredible.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:wideyed: That's so cool!
Where did you buy it?

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I saw someone else post about these, these things are NUTS! They look amazing!

Unfortunately I don’t think I could ever swing (or justify) the price, but maaaaan. Those are incredible.
They are amazing! To be honest I had a hard time justifying the price too. But I really wanted something for longer car rides and after seeing one in person I decided to go for it with my Christmas bonus haha.

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have one too! It was actually the first thing I bought, months before Cotton came home. I'd talked to a few people while visiting parrot stores on a trip and it was recommended multiple times for being indestructible.

Then I saw videos of people having to leave Ukraine with their pets in pillowcases, etc, and decided I'd get the carrier before even a cage!

I'm SO glad I did now, because Ope is a BUSY beak who figured out quickly how zippers work ;) and he loves going on walks!

Cotton only knows it for car rides but I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth when I divide it into the number of uses in just my first year.

The company was SO nice to work with too!! They emailed me to verify my species, and then we chatted about African Ringnecks - they even sent me a video of an ARN they rescued, riding in the Pak-o-bird, to show me the size and how to set it up to accommodate their tail length:)

I'm impressed with the service and quality and am 100% sure it will last my lifetime and get passed on!

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have one too! It was actually the first thing I bought, months before Cotton came home. I'd talked to a few people while visiting parrot stores on a trip and it was recommended multiple times for being indestructible.

Then I saw videos of people having to leave Ukraine with their pets in pillowcases, etc, and decided I'd get the carrier before even a cage!

I'm SO glad I did now, because Ope is a BUSY beak who figured out quickly how zippers work ;) and he loves going on walks!

Cotton only knows it for car rides but I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth when I divide it into the number of uses in just my first year.

The company was SO nice to work with too!! They emailed me to verify my species, and then we chatted about African Ringnecks - they even sent me a video of an ARN they rescued, riding in the Pak-o-bird, to show me the size and how to set it up to accommodate their tail length:)

I'm impressed with the service and quality and am 100% sure it will last my lifetime and get passed on!
Wow! That's amazing! I know what you mean the Ukraine news and videos were so scary and shocking :(

Haha I'm glad to hear Ope enjoys his walks in it :D

And I'm sure it will definitely pay itself off as I start using it too haha

They were really great! I actually forgot to choose a perch height for my order and she emailed me to ask too since GCCs have longer tails haha. It's so awesome to hear about their ARN and how they got it to model the size for you. I did see on their website they have two adorable Sun conures though :xflove:

I'm hoping mine does last for a lifetime too! The quality did really impress me too so I'm fairly certain you're right that it will :laugh:

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a great, double Pak-O-Bird! I hope they really enjoy it :)

I have a small Pak-O-Bird that I hoped to use with the budgie boys, but they are not tame enough to enter it voluntarily so there it sits for the moment. I'm so glad your birds get good use out of your Celltei packs!!

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a great, double Pak-O-Bird! I hope they really enjoy it :)

I have a small Pak-O-Bird that I hoped to use with the budgie boys, but they are not tame enough to enter it voluntarily so there it sits for the moment. I'm so glad your birds get good use out of your Celltei packs!!
Thank you! I've semi given up on harness training for the time being so it's a relief he at least likes going out in the bag so much :laugh:!

I really hope your boys will eventually warm up to the Pak too!