• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New owner of GCCs

Ninna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kate Pinks
They're lovely pictures - I specially like the last one where he's giving you a birdy kiss! I'm so happy for you and for the birds - I hope they continue to develop their bond with you.

Redroversis

Moving in
Real Name
Carisa
Thank you so much! The bond is definitely developing. I can't believe how fast now! Mango has decided to extend herself a bit. I can touch her in cage now, but not yet hold her. It's a lot farther than I thought I would be with them.

Ninna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kate Pinks
It IS fast! They must be beginning to really trust you. It always seems to me to be such a privilege when a bird chooses to share it's life with a human - I'm so glad that you are getting such happiness out of this. Enjoy the adventure - there is so much more to come!

Redroversis

Moving in
Real Name
Carisa
Sorry I haven't been on in a while. My girls LOVE me!! And I LOVE them... Oh so much has happened!! They have both warmed up to me. I get lots of kisses daily now!!! Still working on the hands, they don't like my hands unless it has a treat. MANGO and KIWI have both come so far in such a short amount of time I am in shock!! They spend quite a bit of the day out of their cage, but always have the option of returning to it when they want. A few times they have even come to me to let me hold them on their own. We are figuring each other out. If I had known having birds was going to be like this I would have done it YEARS ago!! I'm SO in LOVE!!!
The lady that gave me the birds can't believe how social and loving these two are with me. I think she was afraid of them. Yes, I've gotten bit, but hey... It's totally worth it! We are working on that. I have all the time in the world for them.
BTW... The juice syringe thing... They LOVE it! MANGO takes her foot and pushes KIWI away so she can hog it all haha!