• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New owner of cockatiel

peaches13

Strolling the yard
All birds (expect ones with certain disabilities) can learn how to play. It took me 3 years to get my shy budgie Picasso to play and explore. Maggie my Quaker parrot took only 1 year. It depends on the bird!
That is true because my GCC learns to play toy for months. I know my cockatiel to shy so I will not pressure to tame with me.
Thank you!

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Please be supervising the birds if they are out of cage together. Their personalities are quite different. Your conure may get feisty with a cockatiel.
Definitely. When I go to Cherry's room then close my Peach's room door. I do not want to make harm anyone!.
Thank you!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Since cockatiels come from an arid climate, they are naturally less "direct drinkers". As long as poop looks good, he's probably just fine :)

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Since cockatiels come from an arid climate, they are naturally less "direct drinkers". As long as poop looks good, he's probably just fine :)
Oh very interesting to me.
His poop looks perfect to me.. not watery haha
Thank you!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh very interesting to me.
His poop looks perfect to me.. not watery haha
Thank you!
One of the major signs of dehydration is the urine will be colored instead of clear. :)

57328196_1262106260606568_8577636412709404672_n.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Yes, they look okay, and congratulations on your cockatiel, he’s adorable! :heart: Just remember to never force your bird to do anything, and make everything his choice. Reward all good behavior and ignore all undesirable behavior. Spend time reading to him and drop treats in his bowl when you walk by to help earn his trust.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Yes, they look okay, and congratulations on your cockatiel, he’s adorable! :heart: Just remember to never force your bird to do anything, and make everything his choice. Reward all good behavior and ignore all undesirable behavior. Spend time reading to him and drop treats in his bowl when you walk by to help earn his trust.
Wow that is good way to hi to him haha.
Today I look at his cage then my robot vacuum hit hard his cage..
I feel bad for him, but he eats food right now.
Thank you!

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Good luck!