• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Opal Betta

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
He's very pretty! Uh, I mean handsome. ;)

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Gorgeous! I used to obsessed with Bettas! I had about 6 individual tanks, and I was obsessed with the science of making everything perfect. I tested and changed the water every 3 days, adjusted the PH with salt and PH balancing drops. I did the Indian Almond leaves, and all that. Special food. It was SO much work. I had them for years, and at one point I was down to 2, but I had to move across the country. I didn't know how I could manage with my 2 Bettas, so I joined a forum, and found someone interested in my guys. So I interviewed them, and checked out their credibility, and I shipped them in these crazy huge shippers with warming pods, and tons of insulation...It was crazy what I went through for my $5 fish. I really loved those guys. But I don't think I'll ever have one again.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Gorgeous! I used to obsessed with Bettas! I had about 6 individual tanks, and I was obsessed with the science of making everything perfect. I tested and changed the water every 3 days, adjusted the PH with salt and PH balancing drops. I did the Indian Almond leaves, and all that. Special food. It was SO much work. I had them for years, and at one point I was down to 2, but I had to move across the country. I didn't know how I could manage with my 2 Bettas, so I joined a forum, and found someone interested in my guys. So I interviewed them, and checked out their credibility, and I shipped them in these crazy huge shippers with warming pods, and tons of insulation...It was crazy what I went through for my $5 fish. I really loved those guys. But I don't think I'll ever have one again.
They are very easy fish to become an addict with. Me, I see them and think OMG I can't leave them at the store for some little kid to end up killing or having it live in a bowl. I also save the African Cichlids I see in Walmart too! It's bad, very bad. I have to walk by with blinders on just about!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
They are very easy fish to become an addict with. Me, I see them and think OMG I can't leave them at the store for some little kid to end up killing or having it live in a bowl. I also save the African Cichlids I see in Walmart too! It's bad, very bad. I have to walk by with blinders on just about!!
The only way through those stores safely is eyes front and down. Lol I have to do that at Home Depot and Lowes, too, or else I'll find so much stuff I didn't know I couldn't live without.:shy:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!