• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New: Need some help

Weros

Strolling the yard
@Weros .

She has had the bird 3 weeks.

For future...
Bother to read the entire message and thread before you reply with an irrelvant answer. Read carefully before you comment. Just watch your step as my nerves are running very short with you. That is all.
I never said anything wrong and I do not really care if your nerves are running short.
I do not feel like I did anything wrong.
If you feel like threatening me is the way to go then that's sad

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
If you can not be polite, helpful and also reasonable then please control yourself and refrain from posting and ruining other members enjoyment and learning experience.

This forum is for bettering the lives of birds by sharing knowledge and tips and also by having productive discussions, being unpleasant even if it is done politely is not appropriate.

Helpful and respectful posts only from here on in guys :)

Thanks.

Weros

Strolling the yard
If you can not be polite, helpful and also reasonable then please control yourself and refrain from posting and ruining other members enjoyment and learning experience.

This forum is for bettering the lives of birds by sharing knowledge and tips and also by having productive discussions, being unpleasant even if it is done politely is not appropriate.

Helpful and respectful posts only from here on in guys :)

Thanks.
Alright

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion this is the real world. This is how we learn and grow. If you cannot take criticism then that is going to be an issue as people will always have their own view on what's best. Perhaps I could have been a little more euphemistic in my word choices but you are also being very rude by verbally abusing me.
If I did not care about you and the bird I would not have given advice and left you to your own devices also consider that please.
No, she wasn't. At this point, I'd like to hear your experience with psittacines and what birds you have since you take an authoritative tone.

Jennbee73

Meeting neighbors
No, she wasn't. At this point, I'd like to hear your experience with psittacines and what birds you have since you take an authoritative tone.
Thanks! I just popped in (I know I said I wouldnt return)... but where in heck did I become verbally abusive???!!! Good Lord! Lol. Oh my. Some people.
I also looked back and took note that that particular poster was the one who asked me to post a video. I thought it was odd to begin with considering my OPost.. now I realize it was just a way to be able to criticize. I wish I'd never posted the pic. Stupid me! Live and learn.

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
I wish I'd never posted the pic. Stupid me!
You are NOT stupid. You are a caring parront.
Some members were able to give you sound advice based on your picture.

How old is your 'tiel? ... If she lived in a very confined space for god knows how long, she simply might feel overwhelmd by a big flight cage. (I have this problem with Loki) Maybe in time when she gains in confidence you'll be able to give her the luxury of a nice big flight cage :)!

I wish you two many happy moments together!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
OOPS, I gaffed. When I posted my previous comment I hadn't seen that there were more pages - mia culpa.
I never saw the way this thread was actually progressing and I'm shocked, disappointed. I'm the one who's supposed to get angry.
@Jennbee73 you are far from stupid. You found and joined the most passionate group of parrot lovers.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Yes, I would like to apologise for my approach and presence in this thread.

You are by no means stupid and welcome here any time. Your 'tiel is lovely and we look forward to hearing more about her in the future :)

Ali

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thanks! I just popped in (I know I said I wouldnt return)... but where in heck did I become verbally abusive???!!! Good Lord! Lol. Oh my. Some people.
I also looked back and took note that that particular poster was the one who asked me to post a video. I thought it was odd to begin with considering my OPost.. now I realize it was just a way to be able to criticize. I wish I'd never posted the pic. Stupid me! Live and learn.

As in life, there are "interesting people" here, too. Unfortunately, the internet has made some keyboard warriors "bird experts." On the other hand, there are people here who have enjoyed avian companions for decades, so please don't judge the forum by one experience. There are tons of threads, stickies, and people here who can provide valuable, CORRECT info. If you want, you can use the "ignore" feature with a member you don't enjoy. I do. Beside their post is their avatar and name. Click on their name and select ignore. I hope you will remain and enjoy the positive, supportive community we usually enjoy.