• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New month, new batch of veggie chop!!

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
Hello!

Just finished my big batch of veggie chop for my budgies. I threw in whatever I had, and here’s how it turned out! I put corn, kale, carrot, bell pepper, broccoli, arugula, and some cooked grains such as red, white and black quinoa, Amaranth, long brown rice, split red lentils, etc. I also threw in a sprinkle of chia seeds for extra crunch and flavor! My birds love their chop, and I made a huge batch that will last months! Btw, I re-used those plastic containers, and only really throw them out when they are damaged/cracked. Here are the pictures:

Attachments

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Very nice and green! I find the process of making chop really fun but sadly Preeno doesn't like it :wacky:

The chia seeds may swell from the moisture and go gloopy but I think if you freeze it straigtaway it will be okay.

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
Yes, right when I was done packaging, I did freeze it. Also, just out of curiosity, is it unsafe for the chia seeds to every be gloopy?

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Yes, right when I was done packaging, I did freeze it. Also, just out of curiosity, is it unsafe for the chia seeds to every be gloopy?
I'm not too sure, I only ever offer it dry! Hopefully someone else knows.

Also, how wet is your chop? I'm tempted to make it again but it gets quite wet and puts Preeno off :(

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
Mine is quite dry. I minced the wet veggies such as bell pepper by hand, that way not much of the juices get in the mix. Also, the grains have soaked up some moisture as well. I only really added a sprinkle, so there are not much chia seeds throughout the chop.