• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 new mom and 4 more eggs

razer

Meeting neighbors
I still have not found the daddy bird. My female has five eggs and one hatched today. I tried to give baby, baby formula I think the baby fed. Meanwhile I had to give mom water and food in the box, then took it out when she was finished. Usually I take her out and put her near a window for sunshine, but I don't knw what to do now. She wont come out.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is the hen feeding the chicks?
If not, try co-parenting until all the eggs hatch, then move all the chicks to a brooder and care for them 100% on your own.

If she abandons the eggs before they hatch, I am not sure what you can do without an incubator.
Maybe @Laurie may have thoughts about that.

I´m so sorry you haven´t found your male bird yet.

razer

Meeting neighbors
I have not seen her feed the chick. She is sitting on it. Should I pick her up and move her so I can feed the baby. I feel so stupid and helpless.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If she is brooding the chick, then good. She needs to complete the egg incubation.

Just be sure to check in on that chick to make sure it is being fed.

Sorry, I read that this chick hatched today, if you looked at it as a freshly hatched chick, then it won´t be fed by the mum, the chick will be still digesting the nutrients from the egg. The parents don´t feed new hatchlings until that it digested.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How are you getting on @razer ?

The chicks should have been fed by their mum now. Is she doing ok?
Any more hatch?

razer

Meeting neighbors
Hi thanks for your concern. The mom is feeding her baby that hatched on the 8th in the morning middle east time. She comes in and out of her box to feed and fly around along with pooping, finally. The other 4 eggs were laid every 48 hours, so I am waiting. I don't think they are fertile and I don't want to throw them away and freak her out. I just hope the baby is strong enough to make it.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Give the other eggs at least a week after their due dates, just in case :)