• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New member!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome! I love my budgies & they are my first birds. I wasn't prepared for the noise though; it took me by surprise. However, I've grown to enjoy it & miss it when they're asleep.

That said, I would rather them than species whose calls can damage hearing, even if they don't do it as often. Budgies also have quiet times throughout the day, but are guaranteed to let everyone know if they hear water running.

My post isn't sounding very pro-budgie, but rest assured I'm totally on board for budgies. :) They're the best!

Gee Nick

Moving in
Welcome! I love my budgies & they are my first birds. I wasn't prepared for the noise though; it took me by surprise. However, I've grown to enjoy it & miss it when they're asleep.

That said, I would rather them than species whose calls can damage hearing, even if they don't do it as often. Budgies also have quiet times throughout the day, but are guaranteed to let everyone know if they hear water running.

My post isn't sounding very pro-budgie, but rest assured I'm totally on board for budgies. :) They're the best!
I will definitely listen to budgie sounds on YouTube to get a feel for if it’s too much. I don’t intend on getting any more than two if I get budgies but I know that they do like to talk to each other. They really do seem like fun birds!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Pionus may not make obnoxious noises frequently, but their alarm calls and their how dare you walk away from me calls can be ear piercing.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
That’s true. Maybe bourkes, cockatiels, or parrotlets would be better. I’ve also heard about pionus parrots being somewhat quiet for a larger bird. Also, about conures, I know they like to do their loud screech, but is that all throughout the day or just mornings and nights? I’m also looking at quakers as options. :)
I used to raise Maroon Belly Conures, and didn't find them to be too loud... but other kinds... NNNOOOOOOO. [sorry to all the conure lovers out there]. :excited1: I include Quakers along w/ them...

Gee Nick

Moving in
Pionus may not make obnoxious noises frequently, but their alarm calls and their how dare you walk away from me calls can be ear piercing.
Ahhh thank you for telling me. I’m leaning more towards smaller breeds the more I research.

Gee Nick

Moving in
I used to raise Maroon Belly Conures, and didn't find them to be too loud... but other kinds... NNNOOOOOOO. [sorry to all the conure lovers out there]. :excited1: I include Quakers along w/ them...
I’ll have to look into them! And yes I found that Quakers are louder than some conures :laugh:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hello1:and Welcome!

I love your little flocks!