• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New member

Macaw mom

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Catherine
Hi I’m a bran new macaw mom, he/she hatched yesterday but I can’t be there because of this dam virus ...I’m Irish there’s not as many large parrot owners here so it’s taken a long time ,,I also have a few rescued birds a pigeon with one wing, kids put an elastic band on the wing , I found him on the streets of Dublin just as it was about to fall off, so I took him home on the train and doctored him ,that was years ago he’s lived in my show drawer since, he plays with my cats..I think he thinks he is a cat..then there’s the lovebirds Lolita and Leo I found them in a Woden box with no cage front in a neighbours shed I heard them screaming the ppl were gone away for Xmas so I just took them home..there was no food no sign they had food but more bird shizz than free space...it was very confusing it looked like they never had food but were alive just about ..but also very very thin..they have been eating so well..chop 2c a day many mixes of seed and nuts ,chi seed for calcium and cuttlefish..and there looking great today...and I seen them mating on the bookshelf this morning...so I put out a nest box for them..we’ll see it’s up to them...I’ve also 2 cats and a small dog...animal mad..they all live in my room..lucky my husband is also big into animals or it wouldn’t have worked,,...

Attachments

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
Welcome to AA!
May I ask if you have handfeeding experience (if macaw is with you now) and are you ok with breeding your lovies because things can get messy. Also they are lovely!
As for the cage setup maybe you could try some natural perches? Dowel perches are not good for their feet.
And having birds with cats,no matter how tame the cat is,is not safe and asking for trouble. Cat saliva is toxic to birds.
And once again,welcome! :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue Catherine! :starshower1:

How lucky you found all of those birds and gave them a loving home :hug9:
Sorry you can´t be with your new Mac, but while s/he is little, you can´t interact with them anyway, so a picture is just as good for now :)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Welcome

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator