• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

KimiGiggle

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kimi
Thank you for adding me. New Mama of m2. His name is Romeo. Ive had c2 rosie over eight years ago, had her for 8 years. She would be 16 this year. She had to be put down due to cancer, she was born with mass on her chest which they told me was a fatty mass that would go away. It did not. M2 is semi new to me even tho I’ve researched for years. I bought him from someone who didn’t want him anymore. Romeo is very affectionate. First few days in a house was pretty rough for him. New cage, new animals, new noises. He is still getting use to us as we are still getting use to him. We first had cage set up in living room. New cage is 48x36. (Old cage was 3ftx2ft) He screamed for 2 hours almost straight. I tried soothing him, I tried covering him. We decided to try his cage down stairs to our tv room. I put country music on when someone isn’t in that room. It’s working out much better. He isn’t having fits of screaming. He does the normal morning and night screech. He gets fresh fruits and veggies everyday. They had him on a macaw nut food (he only eats the nuts and chews on the dried fruit in it) I’m guessing he’s never had pellets. I’ve been adding into his food but he’s not caring for it. He finally slept 11 hrs without a peep. I think he’s liking his new home. We cannot play with him on the floor due to him attacking feet. I have to keep him on a stand he loves to play ball. No hair ties on wrists either due to him nipping my teenager. I would love for any tips or pointers or just another m2 mama or papa to chat with. How much out of cage time is everyone doing? I’ve read some people do an hour or two. Some do all day. Some can’t at all.

Attachments

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
Welcome to the Avenue. Hope some Too owners can give you insight :smuggrin:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Kimi and Romeo! :starshower1:
Sounds like he is settling well into his new home :)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
:hello: :welave:

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Welcome! We aim for 4-5 hours out a day for our Umbrella Cockatoo and other little birds. But life gets in the way with kids and such. I had to work all day today, which isn't normal for me. So our cockatoo came out for an hour, and nobody else got to come out today. Hubby doesn't open cages while I'm gone and he's on his own with the kids. Tomorrow is a new day, and they are forgiving and adaptable.
This forum is great, I hope you love it here!

KimiGiggle

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kimi
Welcome! We aim for 4-5 hours out a day for our Umbrella Cockatoo and other little birds. But life gets in the way with kids and such. I had to work all day today, which isn't normal for me. So our cockatoo came out for an hour, and nobody else got to come out today. Hubby doesn't open cages while I'm gone and he's on his own with the kids. Tomorrow is a new day, and they are forgiving and adaptable.
This forum is great, I hope you love it here!
Thank you so much.:) Romeo keeps trying to get to the floor and then he is quite naughty. Husband will be making a pvc stand with vet tape on areas I would like him to stay so hopefully that works. Fingers crossed.