• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

new lovie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love-Naoko

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kaleigh
i have been debuting over this for a few months now...to get another lovie or not...that is the question.

My little Petrie has grown so much after starting to teach her some tricks and following peoples advice, she has become less aggressive while outside her cage. still as agresseive as ever when shes in or near her cage.

But when my boyfriends lovie is over to visit she turns into a completely different bird. She is extremly affectionate and nice towards all people and seems to be very happy. This has left me to wonder if i should get another lovie.

So, i have looked into some lovebird breeders near me and have picked one out. But before i make this final, i wanted to get your guys opinion.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
This is a very tricky question. Is your bird DNA'd, or the bird your considering?

It's possible that they will fall madly in love and only want each other and make little lovies, or... it could go the other way and they hate each other and you have lovie wars on your hands.

If they make little lovies are you prepared to practice birth control (removing eggs and boiling then replacing) or the other option of raising babies.

Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.