• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New lovebirds help with mutation id (follow up to previous post)

kislanya

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
I posted earlier about a pair of lovebirds that I wasn't sure were the same species,after visiting the home and seeing them it was obvious the lady had a full flock of Fischer's with 2 lone 10 month old peach face she had just gotten,I ended up deciding on the peachies,I'm hoping I have a true pair but would love to know their mutations :)
I think the light faced looks like a female and the rosey faced looks like a male using beak size body and tail shape and perching,I know I wont really know until they mature but I think they are beautiful either way

Attachments

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
So cute! The yellow one looks a bit green too, I’m interested to know what others think. Congrats on the new additions!

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
They both look like peach faced(roseicollis) lovebirds to me. The angle in the last one makes he/she look funny :wacky:.

kislanya

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
So cute! The yellow one looks a bit green too, I’m interested to know what others think. Congrats on the new additions!
Yeah the yellow one is actually more green in person but it's almost like yellow and green are kinda swished and swirled together really hope someone will know what mutation they are.
I didnt get a picture but both have grayish flight feathers also

kislanya

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
They both look like peach faced(roseicollis) lovebirds to me. The angle in the last one makes he/she look funny :wacky:.
Yes I'm pretty sure they are both peachies,previous owner was mistaken on who was and wasn't a pair.
These just happened to be babies she recently purchased

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
They gorgeous look like peach faced to me too are you planning on breeding?

kislanya

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Yes i did get In the hope's of future breeding,I'm very happy they are young as now I get a year to get them on a healthy diet and more friendly and used to me before even attempting breeding.i really hope it is a male and female,not if it's not I already adore them so much!
Future breeding possibility is why I really want to know their mutations.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Yes i did get In the hope's of future breeding,I'm very happy they are young as now I get a year to get them on a healthy diet and more friendly and used to me before even attempting breeding.i really hope it is a male and female,not if it's not I already adore them so much!
I might be wrong but without seeing the parents of the birds mutations or they genetics would only be a guess @Zara I hope I’ve got that right
Best way to sex them is dna from what I’ve read behaviours aren’t always right or the pelvic bone test too again it’s not always accurate

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
does make me curious though what colours the chicks would be makes me curious what colours indie n pico would be or mango indie mango pico lol but I don’t think I would let them breed personally only parents I know what they look like is indie n they are normal wild type