• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New here and new GCC mommy!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
It's best not to start the habit at all. Some birds mature faster than others (My Lovebird did!). It really just causes sexual frustration in birds, and it's not pretty to have to work on correcting it.

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
Oh okay well I'll try to keep that in mind shes been being petted in this way since she hatched basically and she is 8 weeks

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
She loves bathing herself in her water dish daily! It's adorable!! Made progress today. Let her out onto my bed (away from her cage) fed her millet out of my hand and even got her to step up a few times!! Also got her to fly about 6 feet away to me using the same clicking sound ive been making with my mouth! Shes amazing and we are making such progress!

Attachments

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Adorable! She reminds me of a bottle brush! :laughing7: I am so impressed as to how well you are both doing together and the enormous progress journey are making!

keep it up!! :heart:

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
She does look like a bottle brush!@ I'm laughing so hard! ;) I'm so impressed with her! Today she will be spending more time out side of her cage with me. My plan is to first practice flying for a bit to get her calm and then do step up traning. I will try to post pictures later on.☺

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
So she LOVES being on my shoulder but as soon as she steps up she climbs to my shoulder. I've put my thumb up to try to prevent this when I do she flys to my head. Anyone have any advice for this? Not including wing clipping because I'm fully committed to keeping her flighted.

Attachments

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Train her to walk "down" your arm while having it level with your shoulder! ;) (may help to rest arm on something as you work on teaching her to move off of your shoulder.)

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
Thank you!! I will definitely try this soon when shes done in her cage.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
What an awesome update! And goes to show how smart she is! Keep it up! :D

Just don't allow her to kiss you back - i.e. don't allow access to your mouth with her beak. Our saliva can still be harmful to them.

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
What an awesome update! And goes to show how smart she is! Keep it up! :D

Just don't allow her to kiss you back - i.e. don't allow access to your mouth with her beak. Our saliva can still be harmful to them.
Yes I know. Thank you for watching out for her!

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
You’re making great progress with her! She’s also super cute :xflove:

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
You’re making great progress with her! She’s also super cute :xflove:
Thank you so much! She is my first bird and shes doing amazing. Happy I had Mr.Grey (african grey) that I grew up with to understand bird body language! I'm so impressed with her.