• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video New Guest + Titan & Kelly

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
So Lacey whose owner posted on another forum about needing some help with her first macaw she inherited is staying with me for a little bit. Macaw boot camp is what Lisa, the owner, is calling it!

When I went to visit Lacey she was obviously cage bound and not 100% on the step up. So I offered to work with her on the cage bound issue & step up, so it’s easier for a first time parrot owner to work with her. Got blood while I was there for her to send in & results are clean. Also, been with the owner long enough to be considered safely quarantined already. Lacey is also apparently a boy!

But I picked him up last night and going well enough so far! Since he was already stressed out last night I gave him a bath since he really needed one. He was not a fan of that...

He did eventually relax & start grooming!

This morning, he almost stepped up from the cage but panicked last minute. Which caused Titan to scold him for quite awhile lol. He is learning step up from the chair this morning, where apparently the more confident brat macaw appears, and has the step up down with me for now since the bratty macaw look doesn’t work on me. He is still pulling it on everyone else at the moment haha

And trying to get him to do wings. He got insanely excited but has no idea what we want. And my bird Titan being his weird self on the ground.

And of course some Titan & Kelly!

Titan playing with his recycled toy instead of a 50 dollar one. Cheapest bird in the house to entertain. Give him his plastic box with a bunch of cardboard thrown in & a plastic bottle. Entertained for life the weirdo.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Good luck with them.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Mr. Lacey is in wonderful hands! :hug8: Thank you for helping your friend and that poor, displaced boy. He steps up for you so well!

Oh my goodness! I've missed your big, blue goober so much! :cantwait: Now I want to see what my Buzzard will do with a plastic bottle. :D