• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New green feathers? (Is my budgie sick?)

berrynkiwi

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Hello
I recently noticed that my female budgie has some new neon green feathers around her beak, which weren't there yesterday, and has the same colour now on her cere as well. (something looks off about her cere..) I'm not quite sure what it is but I've observed her sometimes biting off the paint that is on the cage and have tried to stop her by distracting her with new treats and foraging toys. She hasnt been molting this week or the week before so I'm not sure whats wrong.

1. Why is my budgie's cere and feathers changing even when shes not molting, is it some sort of sickness? 2. How do I stop my budgie from biting off the paint and possibly digesting it?

1667216538853.png

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does she have any toys in her cage that are that color that she could have rubbed against or chewed while she was wet? What color is the paint on the cage? What type of cage is it?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Green or blue toys?

If she’s removing the paint from your cage and it’s only a small spot you could cover it with strategically placed board or activity wall type of toy. The other option is to replace the cage with one that is powder coated instead of just painted.

Last edited: