• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Gas Range Installed Today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovieLuvr

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
Today our new gas range arrived and I was not prepared. So I had to hurry Lilo and Stitch to a safe location away from all the activity.They are used to being in the family room with us, so the spare bedroom is a bit of an adjustment for my fids. The house smelled HORRIBLE when they were testing everything, it was making me sick! So I can only imagine what it would have done to my littly guys. My only question is...how long should I wait until I bring their cages back down to the family room area?

sthiele

Budgie Bunch
Real Name
Steve
You are going to have to run the oven for hours at whatever temperature the manual says until the smell is gone. We got a new electric range back in February and I kept the birds away for a few days until the new oven smell was gone. I brought them into the upstairs of the house and I had towels at the bottom of the door at each side to prevent any air from getting into the room.

LovieLuvr

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
Thanks! I put towels everywhere...the dog doesn't understand and just stands at the door. lol Now I will go run the oven!!! I hate the smell....

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I'm sure you've already done it, but I would keep the windows open until the smell totally dissipates. Maybe even turn the fan on while the oven is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.